m90 clean up.... paint? fingernail polish? whaaaaat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptoid

Member (SA)
Feb 24, 2010
SF
when i bought this m90 off the bay it looked like the area around this switch was worn down....
well once i got it i realized it wasn't worn down... but there was paint with the consistency and shine of fingernail polish...
it is a bit goupy and raised past the normal level of paint and im interested in taking it off...

i was thinking of using the really fine sandpaper on foam that i use to clean the corrosion of the connectors on NES cartridges. .. the idea of a solvent popped into my head for a very split second also... i wanted it to run it by you guys for your opinions before i attempted anything...

what are your thoughts???

Superduper

Member (SA)
You could try fingernail polish remover, maybe in an inconspicous part (like botton) first to see if the paint will hold fast. But I would recommend against using sandpaper unless you are prepared to repaint the box. The paint on the M90 is very thin and even fine polish will strip off the paint. Heck, even alcohol could strip the paint on an M90. It is, in my opinion, NOT one of the best painted boxes out there.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
:agree: With norm even spit can bring the paint off an m90 i once stripped all the paint of an m90 door using spit :-/

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
the problem is that that lettering and paint will not hold up well and more than likely rub off and make it worse if you try to use solvent ,, i wish there was a good way to remake the lettering then it could be stripped down and repainted :w00t: :-) :yes:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
I would suggest if you can live with it leave it alone , or it might end up looking worse
trying to make it look better.
How is the rest of the box??

reptoid

Member (SA)
Feb 24, 2010
SF
hemiguy2006 said:
No offense ,
I would repaint the whole box if thats what the rest of it looks like.
:'-(

just kidding...
the sad part is this... the rest of the front of the case and all the lettering are in good condition... just the top looks like that... and again the weird paint spot..
the only thing that has held me back on painting the case is the trade off of losing all the lettering..
but it is under high consideration :hmmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.