AIWA 950A MOTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUCCESS

Member (SA)
May 14, 2009
I've bougth an AIWA (the first AIWA in my collection :w00t:).
I was nicely surprised with the sound quality :cool: . Not to much power but great quality.
The unit had two major problems. The first (dead line-in) wasn't noticed when I had purchased it.
And the second (dead motor) appeared after purchased :hmmm: .
The line in was pretty easy to fix, it were two corroded tracks on the PCB. I guess that the vinilic tape they used to hold the wires aginst the PCB concentrate moisture that can corrode the tracks from the PCB, so I take all this tape out

The second looked very easy too. The motor started to work after helping it with my hand. Looked like one of the three windings wasn't making good contact.
I replaced with a fresh one (I have many motors in stock AJAJAJA).
It's a standard 2400 RPM motor. But to my suprise, the speed cannot be regulated at all. That's, with the preset at min, the speed is still a bit fast (not noticeable at all, so I left this motor installed).
Does this Aiwa takes an special kind of motor ?
The original says "AIWA", but it's clearly from MITSUMI. Uses the same kind of codification and had the MITSUMI LOGO !!!!. So when I saw that, I imagine that it could be replaced without problems. But now I figure that it isn't standard :huh: .
The only way could be modifing the internal circuit form the new motor to wider the speed adjust range.
Have anyone done this thing ??????????????????????????? :hmmm:

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
sucess from what i know its basicly the same as all the aiwas with an adjustment in the motor ,, now i have had motors that did not adj which to me its a bad motor all together because i have changed it for a different one and it works as it should so thats what i have found up to now :-) :-)

SUCCESS

Member (SA)
May 14, 2009
It's rather possible that the motor I've installed isn't working well.
I'll change it again and see if the thing improve.

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
yes sucess the ones that i had problems with were from other boxes and 2 were brand spanking new they worked but could not adjust so so i belive they were bad boards inside the motors :yes: :yes: :ninja:

SUCCESS

Member (SA)
May 14, 2009
That's a good one too.
I believe a have some pulley for flat belt somewhere.
What I need is a bit smaller. I'll try another motor. If it happens the same, I'll try the pulley.

ahardb0dy said:
is it possible like in a car to change the pulley size to slow or speed up the pulley that the motor connects too thru the belt I mean?

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
SUCCESS said:
That's a good one too.
I believe a have some pulley for flat belt somewhere.
What I need is a bit smaller. I'll try another motor. If it happens the same, I'll try the pulley.

ahardb0dy said:
is it possible like in a car to change the pulley size to slow or speed up the pulley that the motor connects too thru the belt I mean?

I think to make it slower you would need a larger pulley on the motor

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
A larger diameter will speed up the flywheel. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.