Sanyo M9990 Eject

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenhamTS

Member (SA)
Apr 10, 2010
I just acquired an excellent condition M9990. The slow eject didn't work, so while I was cleaning it I took the eject mechanism out. It looked like it was supposed to be full of some kind of fluid to slow the spin down. I tried putting bearing grease in it and it works better than before but not quite right. What is the right stuff to put in it?

Superduper

Member (SA)
DenhamTS said:
I just acquired an excellent condition M9990. The slow eject didn't work, so while I was cleaning it I took the eject mechanism out. It looked like it was supposed to be full of some kind of fluid to slow the spin down. I tried putting bearing grease in it and it works better than before but not quite right. What is the right stuff to put in it?
I have had good luck inserting teflon pipe thread sealant into it. Far as I know, Sanyo never specified a compound to rebuild those. Had it been within the warranty period, the entire dampener would've been replaced. It was never meant to be rebuilt. I would advise against using petroleum based grease. If you are going to use grease, I suggest using synthetic silicone based grease which is better for the plastic and rubber parts. It's quite expensive and is not really thick enough to restore to original slow dampening but better than the snap/clunk of having nothing in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.