Another mad creation....GE 6035 in Red!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
I had been looking for a nice smaller beach boombox for my daughter. I got a GE 6035 in 100% working order on the cheap. When I listened to this box I was very surprised. It has better sound and more bass than the Blockbuster!...and it does all this in a smaller, lighter package. It is something my daughter can easily carry on our trips to the park or the beach. I asked her what color she wanted and she chose red. So I stripped and sanded the unit, painted the grills gloss black, and the body gloss red...here is the result....

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
A monster has been created. Melly can't stop customizing!! :w00t: :w00t:

It looks great, Mel. Let us know how well it holds up to the beach environment. :yes:

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
melly , i think thats great --
you made a nice , but dull box......... look thrilling -- :thumbsup:
i have 2 of the 6000 models --
now one will get painted :-) thanks

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Fatdog said:
A monster has been created. Melly can't stop customizing!! :w00t: :w00t:

It looks great, Mel. Let us know how well it holds up to the beach environment. :yes:
...I'll do that FD...thankfully I only have 1 project boomer left...takes too much time and patience to get it right...thanks for the kudos... :-D

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Looks fantastic Mel! And looks STOCK!

That radio reminds me a little of the Pioneer SK-550.

Can't wait to see the next one to get the treatment!

Rock On.

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
My man you have good hands.
That came out really nice. :thumbsup:
Your daughter should be proud of her new oldschool box. :breakdance:

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
hemiguy2006 said:
My man you have good hands.
That came out really nice. :thumbsup:
Your daughter should be proud of her new oldschool box. :breakdance:
...thanks Frank...as you know the prep work is the hardest and most important part of painting a box...the painting is easy after that... :-D ...well kinda....thanks to all for the kudos...I have 1 more project to finish up before summer begins...a JVC PCV2J...very challenging but should be fun!!

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Exellent job mell looks fantastic :w00t: i guess i just like red boxes roumour has it you have scored an m90, is this true :-)

bill

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Vancouver
its a real cool looking box.
the more i see this model the more i want to find one. ge put out some pretty wicked radios and i would love to find one of these.
i am unsure if this was a model that ever was sold up here. the thing with vancouver is while a ton of jvc sanyo and sharp stuff ended up being sold here there was a ton of stuff that never saw the shelfs of the stores up here.
i mean its a wierd thing. i think that lasonic is a brand also that did not get sold much up here.

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
bill said:
its a real cool looking box.
the more i see this model the more i want to find one. ge put out some pretty wicked radios and i would love to find one of these.
i am unsure if this was a model that ever was sold up here. the thing with vancouver is while a ton of jvc sanyo and sharp stuff ended up being sold here there was a ton of stuff that never saw the shelfs of the stores up here.
i mean its a wierd thing. i think that lasonic is a brand also that did not get sold much up here.
...if you can find one, get it...you will be VERY happy with it's bass and overall sound...

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
The 6035 and its stripped down brother the 6000 are amazing boxes! They deliver it all without a loudness switch or tweaking of the tone controls. As amazing as it is, the blockbuster sounds a little anemic by comparison. These are sleeper boxes that can be had for very little on Ebay much of the time they appear.

I've always thought that manufacturers should have put out more colors during those years.Though they did this with the minis,colors were much less common on mid and large size boxes.Your red really stands out and you did a great job!

mellymelsr

Member (SA)
Sep 11, 2009
Northern Cali
Jovie said:
The 6035 and its stripped down brother the 6000 are amazing boxes! They deliver it all without a loudness switch or tweaking of the tone controls. As amazing as it is, the blockbuster sounds a little anemic by comparison. These are sleeper boxes that can be had for very little on Ebay much of the time they appear.

I've always thought that manufacturers should have put out more colors during those years.Though they did this with the minis,colors were much less common on mid and large size boxes.Your red really stands out and you did a great job!
...thanks Jovie, and I agree that the 6000/6035 destroys the Blockbuster on sound and bass...these little boxes are VERY underated and have very big sound in a compact design. It really gives much larger boxes a run for the money...and they are very light and easy to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.