Readers Digest Box

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Ohhh interesting!

I have a Reader's Digest box that's a clone of my Crown CSC-960F, only it doesn't have the AMS gear but does have nice big VU meters.

Rock On.

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
When I saw this thread title I thought it would be about a scan of an old boombox advertisement in Reader's Digest or something like that...

I had no idea they branded boomboxes.... and with built in 8-track even...

Very interesting.

If you're not going to read, cassettes are still the best way to "listen" to books IMHO. You can stop and not lose you place...

Before long road trips I'm always looking for books on tape for the car. Music is great, but books on tape can make a long drive go by pretty fast if you really get into the book.

Thanks for posting these pics. I learn something new on this site every day!!!!

Master Z

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Toledo, OH!
Those look like older models. I have a buDdy who has the center section of a readers digest 3 piece box in his garage. Its missing the speakers but he has it wire up to some bookshelf speakers and it sounds decent. Its also got cool analog vu meters!

radiodayz

Member (SA)
Mar 26, 2010
I have two like that--mine are AM-FM-SW-cassette mono (different models)...very old but still working (one needs a belt for the cassette)...have no idea who made them but I think both were made in Japan. :-)

ViennaSound

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Vienna / Austria
I also owned a tape-only unit from them.
Found on dump.
But bad condition , so i parted it out and throw it away. :thumbsdown:
It had an little "controller", like a sewing machine.
Must have been a language laboratory or something. :hmmm:
An italian learning tape was inside, i remember....

hopey

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2014
Melb AU
I found one at this on now fixed. I like the separate Bass and Treble control on this mono box. Does anyone know who made this one I have read that some models are clones of Prosonic and Crown?

IMG_3909.JPG
IMG_3910.JPG

Attachments

TheDood723

Member (SA)
Oct 5, 2017
I have a MacDonald Instruments box that is an AKA of the box Old School Scott posted above 😁