Babes & Boxes: Hitachi Hotties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerotan

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Manchester, UK
Wow those are some sweet looking Hitachis, and great photos! Make mine look rubbish :lol: why did you have to post at the same time? Hehe nah it's all good- If only that 8600RM was twin aerial it looks ace in red.

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
Kerotan said:
Wow those are some sweet looking Hitachis, and great photos! Make mine look rubbish :lol: why did you have to post at the same time? Hehe nah it's all good- If only that 8600RM was twin aerial it looks ace in red.
Sorry, man - that absolutely wasn't my intention! :-D I would've posted it about 20 or so minutes earlier, but I decided to add some dialog and links...

ALL boxes should have dual antennas!!! :annoyed: :yes:

Glad you like 'em! Thanks for the comment. :cool:

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Mono, you have some skills!!! Those pics are incredible, once again thanks for taking the time to spoil us!!!!

I dunno what you do for a living, but you are a excellent photographer!!!

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
Johnny said:
Mono, you have some skills!!! Those pics are incredible, once again thanks for taking the time to spoil us!!!!

I dunno what you do for a living, but you are a excellent photographer!!!
I don't know about being an "excellent photographer", but when I get the lighting right for my indoor shots, I might move up to being an okay photographer. ;-)

Glad you enjoyed 'em Johnny! Thanks! :cool:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Mono,
You deserve your own Babes and boxes section here!!!! :yes:
I save all of your pictures and they are a part of a huge database I use as a screensaver for my mac.
Thanks again for taking the time to show case your beautiful babes & boxes and sharing these great photos with us. :cool:

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
See Mono, its not just a compliment when everyone agrees, Its a fact!!! ;-)

It's something about hot asian anime and hot boomboxes, that drives me CrAzY.... (Its not a far drive though, just round the corner ;-) )

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
skippy1969 said:
WOW!!! Mono they look Awesome!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Glad you like 'em, skippy! Much appreciated! :cool:

hemiguy2006 said:
Mono,
You deserve your own Babes and boxes section here!!!! :yes:
I save all of your pictures and they are a part of a huge database I use as a screensaver for my mac.
Thanks again for taking the time to show case your beautiful babes & boxes and sharing these great photos with us. :cool:
Now, that right there is THE ultimate compliment... :blush: :bow: and VERY much appreciated! :cool:

The Babes and Boxes thing is winding down... For the most part, there's 2 more to go and maybe I'll reshoot the 1st part from s2g... :-/

Again, I'm very glad you like those pics! :cool:

ahardb0dy said:
very nice pics, the red Hitachi is cool looking
:agree: Yeah, I really love the color of that box! I wish more of the bigger boxes that came out back in the day had more color options... It certainly would've made things much more interesting. :yes:

Glad you like the box and thanks for the compliment. :cool:

oldskool69 said:
Whoa! Just....Whoa!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks, oldskool! :cool: My next feature might leave you breathless... or salivating... :-D or... Let me just say that it's gonna be interesting... ;-)

Johnny said:
See Mono, its not just a compliment when everyone agrees, Its a fact!!! ;-)

It's something about hot asian anime and hot boomboxes, that drives me CrAzY.... (Its not a far drive though, just round the corner ;-) )
Well, if you say so... :-D

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
mono you have a great talent these pictures of these babes and these mint looking boxes is what really shines :thumbsup: :ninja: :ninja: here ,,thank you for a great showcase and please dont stop we love them :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :bow: :bow: :bow: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
monchito said:
mono you have a great talent these pictures of these babes and these mint looking boxes is what really shines :thumbsup: :ninja: :ninja: here ,,thank you for a great showcase and please dont stop we love them :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :bow: :bow: :bow: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
Much appreciated, monchito! :cool: I like doing this 'cause I get to show off 2 of my growing collections at once... I'll admit, it's kinda fun seeing the end results of taking these pics. Some of 'em actually turn out pretty good...

I have a few more "showcases" up my sleeve... ;-) Unfortunately, I'm running out of boxes...

Thanks again for the kind comment! :cool:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
blah blah said:
mono- the red box is hot, :w00t: i am really into that box...let me know if you get tired of it! ;-)
nice picks and chicks as usual :thumbsup:
:agree: That red Hitachi is smokin' hot!! :afro:

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Hitachi Hotties :thumbsup: You need to trademark that one! The 2Heart closeups in particular are pretty striking mono ! Your photos are some of the best I've seen and the addition of the models adds a fresh perspective .Personally I think you need a whole category listing in Jens database :w00t:

It only makes sense to me that you acquire figure models based on appearance.After all if a person chooses a painting to hang in their living room appearance is about the only deciding factor.If you like an anime story line but dislike the artwork,it's best left on the video or in the pages of the manga.

The first shot of you with the box in the foreground really says it all ! IMO,You really do have an eye for composition.Even those knowing nothing of old blasters would be impressed with the "power" the picture conveys so perfectly !Classic boomers by design were so well thought out they are still very relevant in today's world of digital media. Of course "relevant" might seem an understatement as many classic boxes could crush any Ipod dock for volume and sound.

This series needs to continue.If your are running out of boxes there's only one solution of course.You need to get more boxes :-D .Perhaps you could borrow some also. They don't have to be ultra rare,pristine, or expensive.Some of us have pretty broad taste when it comes to boomers :yes: .

MONOLITHIC

No Longer Active
May 6, 2009
Illadelph, East Coast
twitter.com
Those boxes - the Hitachi's in particular - were not anywhere close to being mint, but are rare to me 'cause I haven't seen anybody with those models before...

I mentioned the Babes and Boxes thing was winding down 'cause my collecting days are winding down. I have 2 main boxes on my hit list, and if I'm successful in acquiring it in the next 3 days (I won't say what it is yet), there'll be only 1 left to buy (a Conion TC-999). I won't count the ultimate grail on my list (the Toshiba BomBeat 40) 'cause that box is super rare and my chances of ever getting it range from slim to none. There are 2 or 3 other boxes I'd like to buy, but I'm not really sweatin' those. I'll leave the door open by saying that whatever happens, happens. ;-) I do have some off the radar boxes that I might feature... It's all about getting the figures to go with 'em...

As for the 1st picture I took of myself and the box, :agree: , that is the best pic! The background and the graffiti really made that picture. I didn't think about it at the time, but you put a great spin on that pic with the old technology vs. new technology analogy. It's funny... I didn't really plan on taking a picture in that spot - I just got lazy and didn't wanna walk around the neighborhood looking for a good background. :-D It came together pretty good tho! I'm glad to have somebody around like you, Jovie, to see some of the things I didn't see and point them out to me - MUCH APPRECIATED! :cool:

I thought the weather was gonna be bad this Memorial Day weekend, but it turned out alright. :huh: I might take another box outside and shoot some more pics for an upcoming feature...

As for Jens and the database... If he wanted to take these pics and use 'em for that, I'd be honored! :blush: I do plan on posting all of the Babes and Boxes features together in one post over on s2g in a few weeks... There's a lot of new people over there who haven't joined up here yet, so I'll "share the love". :-D

Thanks for your comments, Jovie, and I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.