Sharp GF series paint color?

Status
Not open for further replies.

928GTS

Member (SA)
Sep 10, 2009
I want to do a little bit of touch up work on my GF-9494 and I was wondering what color comes closest to the exterior chassis colour. It's a grey but what sort of grey?

Superduper

Member (SA)
Probably the easiest thing to do is carry your 9494 into your local Kragens or wherever they sell canned spray paint and compare the can cap color with the boombox. You're not gonna get a perfect match but you can probably get something close that won't be noticeable. Another alternative, but much more costly is to take it into your local automotive paint supplier (the places where automotive body shops buy their paint from) and have them color match it. However, automotive paint is very expensive and they might not sell it in quantities that small.

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
Since I am a autobody painter I use the latter method for myself - very time consuming and takes alot of skill to get desired results. I'd try a rattle can for a do it your selfer .

:thumbsup:

928GTS

Member (SA)
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah,the areas I'm touching up are very small so I think a rattle,a paint brush and some patience will be fine. I was just wondering if anyone had done any paint work before on one and could remember what color they used.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I finally found that information over at S2G. I remembered reading it a long time ago. Anyway, you need to look for ModelMaster 1790 or Tamiya X-11. Those paints can be found at hobby stores.

When hemiguy2006 redid his Conion, he used Dupli-Color silver paint - code is T191 Ultra Silver or T229 H3377-2. Maybe that can help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.