Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Just a rather unimportant question.
My Crown CSC 850L's speaker grills looks very used and so I actually want to re-paint them but I do not know hwo to take them out safely. Any ideas welcome! :-)
I can say so much, there a small sticks at the side of the grill arranged as a hexagon that hold it in there...it does not look like I could just pull it out and I tried and it does not bother to move. :hmmm:
If you have the model you might be able to help me though!
Thanks!
:-D

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
You will have to take it apart and get the speakers out to get at the grilles.
the grill has tabs that are holding it in

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Hey! :-D

Thanks so much! I just did it and it worked all out. I was really scared of doing that :-/
But now I can say I disassembled and reassmbled a boombox :w00t:
Some how I am proud. Thank you very, very much again!!!!
At first I truned it on and it did not sound when it was on radio :-O ...turned out it was set on FM muting :lol:
Now it is standing next to me and sounding again.
And now I understand the photo of the dust in your fingers! :-O i had tons of dust in there, unbelievable much :-O
Well, it was a good thing to take ot apart, it also sounds better again now :-D
Thank you Thank you Thank you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You rock! :thumbsup:

Max

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
blah blah said:
your screwed now :lol: :lol: get ready to start dissembling all you boxes now. the obsession begins :lol: :lol:
:lol: Good one, but I am way too scared of disassembling complicated boxes like the VZ 2500 :-P
But probably you are right and my room will end up being filled with disassembles boxes :w00t:

Right now I am waiting for the paint to dry on the grilles, they look awesome! I will put some photos here tomorrow when it is re-assmbled with the grilles :-) Right now, it looks kind of stupid because the chrome rings are taken off, too. I just put it back together so that I do not lose screws in the meantime :lol:

Hemiguy (sp?) is right thought, it was very easy to take apart, 8 screws and open the cassette door :-)

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
hemiguy2006 said:
Congrats.
Though Pics of the finished product are kind of a requirement.
Of course ;-)
Just reassmbled it and it looks very nice! Thanks again!

Here an overview of the box, the flash did not do a good job but you see the black reflecting from the grilles :-)

And a close up, here you can see the paintjob...not too bad for the first attempt :lol:

Thanks again to everyone!!! It really looks beautiful again (just like a "crown" should ;-) )

Max

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
You have a great looking Crown!!!
Now even better with the fresh grilles.
A-Boi here is the best shot of the board that i have.

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
ALMOST every box I get, I would like to refinish the grills, make them look fresh!!!

You did a great job on your 850!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks very beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.