Broken mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Repairs are not really my strong point but i need to fix some broken mounts
on a Sanyo i recieved lately ( note: dont post a boombox loaded with 10 D cells :nonono: that much weight
tends to rip the back clean off a boombox)
Luckily they have mostly broken clean and will glue back together nicely.

Was wondering if you good people could recommend the best adhesive for the job please ?
Something that will make the broken mounts even stronger than the ones that survived :yes:

Thanks

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
testors model master liquid cement is awesome glue the best iv'e seen, that with a coating of jb weld on the out side of the post where the breakage is should be strong enough .

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I highly suggest Testors glue also. Don't get the non-toxic kind. I've heard that it's not as strong. Put some glue on the case and on the post. Attach and press firmly ensuring a tight, non-moving fit. Even though it might be strong in one hour... wait at least 24 hours before attempting to reassemble. And remember... DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE SCREWS. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

AZA

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Down Under
Thanks guys !
As i said the breaks are clean so should go back together nicely :yes:
It could have been much worse.

Will post a picture when done of my new Sanyo, its very nice and i think quite rare,
and cost way too much :-D but it was bought for me by my best friend ever, so i am
extremely lucky !

Thanks again for the tips on an adhesive.

Status
Not open for further replies.