M90 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
How do you remove the circilar crome thingy magigs that are around the main speaker on the m90

I guess you have to take the whole box apart, im i correct in asuming this? reason i ask the chrome has started pealing on the one i had from Ewen so it needs replacing or painting thanx guys.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
I may do ira if he dosent catch this thread :-) what bugs me this m90 hasn't even been touched for months, it's been stored away in a cobourd since iv'e had it, i go and pull it out and this :-/

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
tim you have to remove the woofers then remove the 4 mounting screws that hold the trim on .
Thanks homie i guessed as much so thats another m90 total strip down, ahh well least i know what im in for just hope i have a good chrome part to replace the knackered one :-)

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
oops --forgot about floyd :-) :-)
he is even customizing a m90 with different trim rings :yes:

tim --no chrome is REALLY forever permanent --its just a coating process-
so - it can happen to any box or any CAR !!
anytime :-)

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
redbenjoe said:
oops --forgot about floyd :-) :-)
he is even customizing a m90 with different trim rings :yes:

tim --no chrome is REALLY forever permanent --its just a coating process-
so - it can happen to any box or any CAR !!
anytime :-)
shure ira i aint blaming any one it's just a bugger i'ts happened to the hemiguy/ewen m90.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
JVC Floyd said:
tim do you have even 2 bad looking ones i need two for the sinister m90 i know these are not going to be easy to find.
I may have floyd i need to dig into my shed in the next few weeks and psyc myself up for doing this job.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Started the m90 tear down process :-O most the screws are out knobs are off, anything i should know before lifting the chassis away? it's been quite a while since i have done this :-)

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
Rimmer36 said:
Started the m90 tear down process :-O most the screws are out knobs are off, anything i should know before lifting the chassis away? it's been quite a while since i have done this :-)
yes pack the battery cover and the knobs and send it to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
monchito said:
Rimmer36 said:
yes pack the battery cover and the knobs and send it to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahh so your predicting a disaster :lol: if so your welcome to the parts :lol:

But realy send your adress to pm i have a battry cover, i lost all other parts in my move but ill get it sent this time my friend. :-)

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
i sent a pm let me know if you recieved it .. i have been trying to piece it little by little so it going good,, i will be using this one since my good one has developed a need for the caps to be replaced :yes: :yes:

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
Hey monchito do all the connectors go in a secertain place what i mean are there any posibilitys of putting connectors in t he wrong place, as i diddn't take picks of my work, no camera at the moment :-/

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
well if the pin count are the same yes but i belive each plug has is own pin count and you will notice that the only ones you will have to make sure you plug in the right ones are the ones with 3 pins,,, thats why its always good to mark them with a magigmarker of put a piece of tape around the wire then put the number and make sure you write it on the pc board also,, rim on the m90 it really not that bad as you will see that there is a 3 prong plug for the power but the cables are long plus a small 2 prong one the newer m90 only has 1 plug connected on the main switch,,,,

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
What a pita thing have kept going wrong wires in the way tuner switches not lighning up but i think i have finally cracked it, most of the screws are in im just taking a break, and all this for beat up trims, i don't realy recommend it for something so superficial but i supose it's worth it in the end :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.