just got here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
i just received this SONY , nice unit clean , :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
how does it sound? :hmmm: mid loud you can go 10 on Volume with LINE IN no distortion at all, bass shy, doesnt even have a bass knob :lol: :lol:

you guys like it? :hmmm: :hmmm:

r o y a l ®

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Looks clean man ! I have a soft spot for the sony cfs-99 so his younger brothers are always welcome !

Hows things with you ?

Nice box !

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Very interesting design for a Sony. :cool: Simple, yet still elegant. I really like the big tuning knob with the indentations. :thumbsup:

Are those tweets really functional? How are they hooked up?

Kerotan

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Manchester, UK
Nice unit, looks quite wide for the length of it though, might just be the angle the shots were taken from. Did you have to clean it much or was it that clean already?!

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
r o y a l ® said:
Looks clean man ! I have a soft spot for the sony cfs-99 so his younger brothers are always welcome !

Hows things with you ?

Nice box !

yes Royal the 99 is and will be the nicer sony
and i am still here still buying more radio. :lol: :lol: like if i dont have enough :sadno: .

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
Fatdog said:
Very interesting design for a Sony. :cool: Simple, yet still elegant. I really like the big tuning knob with the indentations. :thumbsup:

Are those tweets really functional? How are they hooked up?

elegant yes nice!!

tweeters yes they work, they are wired from the inside ,,,,just like the 9696 :surf:

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
Kerotan said:
Nice unit, looks quite wide for the length of it though, might just be the angle the shots were taken from. Did you have to clean it much or was it that clean already?!
this unit is clean came with the box, someone took good care of it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wide is about the same as the pana5150 or gf8989

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
That's a very distinctive design. It definitely doesn't look like any other box I can think of. I definitely would like one in my collection ! :yes:

Johnny

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
MIDWEST
That is one very clean box, I hace CFS-500 and love it! I can only imagine how this sweet thing sounds!!

Nice score! :thumbsup:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Great score Hugo! Theres only a few Sony's I've got on my lists and thats one of them.
I really like the mix of traditional and contemporary design; the traditional VU meters contrasted
with the very 80s Sony-style case design on top complete with orange and blue accents.

Even better to know she sounds so good too!

Congratulations!

Rock On.

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
Only just spotted this topic :-O

Lovely box, I really like that Sony style and also that big Sony (the one in the other pic topic with Thafuzz & Sin).

And those VU meters look so crisp and smart too.

I know what you mean about no bass control, I've got a box which is 'tone only' but it's probably for the best as any additional bass boost would be counterproductive to sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.