Another one of mine outdoors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
Been messing around with some ouitdoor shots lately, first the GF9494 now my Hitachi...

Nice machine all said and done, but the tape remains a constant source of frustration :hmmm:
Great box to run line-in though, just gotta be careful with volume as it will distort surprisingly early.
Really clean, crisp sound though, and a super tuner. :cool:

r o y a l ®

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
I really love the look of these. The sound lets them down , but at low volume they are fine . . Very common in the U.K as well.

Rodney is seen in an episode of 'only fools and horses' holding one also !

The tape decks are pretty good to work on . . I must have had 5 or 6 and they all just needed re belting.

Lovely crisp pictures btw :-D

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
@Geoff; I think someones fitted the wrong belt in the past, plus I'm not convinced the head is much cop as the sound is extremely poor when it does work :-/ Any help with bits would be most appreciated, whenever - no urgency mate :cool:

@Royal; Too true, the sound is really nice (a bit bass shy, but the speakers are small to be fair) but the amp starts to distort early on up the volume scale and the sound really comes apart in a big way, especially if loudness is on.
I know the episode of OFAH you refer too, the one where Rodney starts dating that policewoman - classic!
I've also seen Denzil with a Hitachi TRK 9100 in several episodes too.

Despite it's shortcomings, it's a pretty and well built box with a fair few features too. :-)

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
That's a great shot on a great box, the sound won't keep up with others of it's class but go easy on it and they do sound nice.

Now if I can only get one volume slider cap and a tape door cling we would have twins. Hey Bobby how about a cling repro for this one? :-D

Kerotan

Member (SA)
May 9, 2009
Manchester, UK
V. Nice looking machine, gotta love the Hitachi's for styling imho. :yes: There are a fair few of these on the 'bay in the UK regularly, I considered one for a while but couldn't justify it at the moment.

I really need some of those Reel Cleer tapes for doing some photos! I swear they improve the appearance of almost any box! :-D

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
very nice , i had one of these it was great they are very loud outside i mean the one i had you could hear from a good distance away i was very suprised how good it cranked out doors.

Jovie

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Beautiful and from absolutely the best era for any blaster ! Pictures are truly amazing :hooray: . I need to spend a little money on a decent camera ! :-)

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
Very nice box, Chris! Looking clean too. I have the 8290. I just noticed the 8190 and 8290 have different cassette keys...

Status
Not open for further replies.