Please Help!! Close-Up Of 4 Prong Pin-Needed!! (Sanyo M9998)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi everyone-I'm desperately in need of one of these 4 prong pins.
This is from the lower circuit board of my Sanyo M9998.It's where the plug connects to that board on the lower circuit board section.
It's the only thing keeping this from singing again! :sad: :no:
I can & will solder it back(my friend fixes computers & he's going to help me to).
I have the dimensions width 7/16" by depth 3/16" and most importantly it's 3/32" between pins.
If anyone knows where I can get one of these or has a Sanyo parts box maybe you have one!?
I would be very happy if I can find one.
Thanks guys.
I really like this box but and still needs to be re-belted but at least this will make the radio & line-ins work again.
Have a great week-GB. :yes: :-)

-

-

-

Superduper

Member (SA)
Jeff. Check your PM. The one I offered to you should fit fine. I suggest you try it first. I doubt you are going to find the exact same one. Manufacturers almost always change manufacturing specs and improve components over time and the one you have is 30 years old. Modern capacitors are usually much smaller in size but the specifications are the same as older ones. The difference is related to modern manufacturing techniques.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi Norm-I replied.
I saw your reply-you said capacitors--this is about the plug pin hole openings but again after seeing that plug you made I think it may work!
I read your PM's so were on the same page.
Thanks again Norm-GB. :-) :yes: :thumbsup:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi Norm & everyone-Surgery was a sucess!!!!!!
I bought a soldering iron w holder and tools and solder at radio Shack for only 7.99!
It's a pen and it's 30 watts and works just fine!

I was very careful to put just enough solder to hold the pins good.
I was always told use just enough solder to do the job-not too much! :yes:
I had my friend hold a divider while I soldered the pins one by one and used some bright lights so I could see really well.
Overall it wasn't to bad and it looked pretty good.
It was secure and I had put the plug into it while I was soldering so I wouldn't have any problems with it loosening up.
But it's soldered really good-I was very careful and I'm so darn happy!!
Yest my M9998 sings again!
Now to get 1 more antenna-that is if I can get that darn screw out of the mast!! It's kind of stripped.
I also need to get it belted but I can wait for a little while on that.
I want to again thank Norm for making a plug for me-he is very good!! It fit perfect with no wiggle-Super Norm!!!
Have a super week-GB. :-) :-D :yes: :surf: :cool: :breakdance: :choco: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.