M70 screws needed & do you recognize this part?

Superduper

Member (SA)
Hi, does anyone have spare parts from a parted M70? I need the two machine screws that mount the rear cover. For those of you familiar with the M70, that would be the 2 screws on the upper right and left corners.

Also, I purchased this M70 many years back, never did anything with it. Today, I decided to open it up and take a look. Unfortunately, it was partially disassembled inside and many parts came in a baggie including this black plastic piece. Anyone recognize it? I'm wondering where it goes.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 4.53.42 PM.png

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
norm I'm not sure but those look like anchors that are mounted to the inner chassis to give you an attachment point to screw down the back case. Also could be a spacer that the case screws pass through.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I might have some spare screws but I have never seen that piece in a M70 before.....

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
I have a bunch of M70 spares Super, if my memory serves i bagged up all the screws so i may need to snap a pic and you tell me which ones you mean...

Superduper

Member (SA)
T-STER said:
I have a bunch of M70 spares Super, if my memory serves i bagged up all the screws so i may need to snap a pic and you tell me which ones you mean...
Here are photos of the middle screw (top row). I think the outer screws are the same. Thanks for looking.

IMG_4519.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg IMG_4521.jpg

JVC Floyd said:
Norm I have seen that part before and I'm sure it belongs inside the box . its an anchor that acts as a spacer.
I still don't see where it goes. I'll take a closer look when I get ready to secure the main PCB back. Right now, I'm leaving it loose because I found a bad diode resulting in a non-operating right meter. Once that is changed, I'll poke around some more for final time before cinching her down.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I went through lots of pictures of M70 disassembly and didn't see a loose part like that. Even looked on the deck pictures separately. I will keep looking....

Want to help Superduper who spend hours to help us all!

~Royce

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Doc, the part you put a red square on is not a separate part from that side panel. It is one piece of molded plastic.... and it isn't part of the handle mounts.

soundsyztem

Member (SA)
Jul 23, 2015
Ohio
Got curious and opened my m70 up to see if I could find this part. Unless something changed along the way, I could not find this piece in it. My cassette motor is dated 9oct80.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Superduper said:
So, the previous owner probably playing games with me and was laughing his asss off as I went on an impossible easter egg hunt.
:lol: :-P That would be too funny if true.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Hi Norm. I've had my M70s apart in detail minus amp board and I do not recall seeing those black plastic spacer looking things :-)

nikonfoo

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
the 2 outer screws go into the handle brace I have them but they are a standard screw
the part you show I think is not from M70 never seen