Rising SRC-2005 alternative schematic?

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Did anyone ever find an alternative schematic which could be used for this model please? Despite cleaning all switches, I have no sound or VU activity.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Thanks Reli :thumbsup: :bow:

Bit confusing in that The power switch does not switch it off and the motor is always spinning (could be normal?). For it to stay on perhaps the record bar? i’ve contact cleaned all switches as Ive read that the function switch is the usual culprit and flicking it on off makes zero difference, not a flicker of audio.
I can inject audio along the path ok.
Is there a mute circuit?

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Spotted that q603 isn’t outputting 9.8v to provide power to the pre amp ba328. The cap on the output of q603 also looks iffy visually with a domed top.
Need to take all out of chassis to get at the rear.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
Replaced C605, everything else checks out except doing transistor test on Q603 so awaiting that component arriving.
Couldn't see any other reason why there is no voltage on the emitter of Q603, perhaps the pre amp itself, we’ll see.

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
From memory it was 10.1v to 10.3v Norm. Suspected that was about right for a power amplifying transistor since it should drop 0.6v approx. to emitter, from what I read anyway.

Superduper

Member (SA)
Replacement for that item is not critical, just so you know. As long as the specs equal or surpass the replacement, most any NPN transistor will work in that application. Talking about collector current (amps) and collector dissipation (watts). So if you have a transistor in your stash, just check the datasheet and see if it will work. Even if it's insufficient, if it's expendable, you can substitute it just to see if your old one was faulty. Even if its specs are not up to snuff, it should work for a short time. If the specs are substandard, I would not keep it in there though, more for just to see if it is your issue.

BTW what is ohms reading (powered off of course) from E@Q603 to ground?

docs

Member (SA)
Jun 26, 2010
United Kingdom
I have a few transistors i'll see if I can replace with a NPN I have, just to test, think a d880 could do.
I've taken the transistor out of circuit so I could diode test it to see the results.
Testing with it out of circuit, the Emitter to Ground resistance is approx. 1.8k ohms.

Edit: Putting in a d880 provides audio output, thanks Norm. Awaiting a d612 arriving to replace like for like.
Just need to figure out why the power switch doesn't switch it off, it's always on, will try a better contact clean with better access.