Jvc m80 with strap

donahuest

Member (SA)
May 4, 2018
London, Ontario
Just picked up this m80. I often hear people say this is ugly but I like it. Although not as loud as the m70 it still sounds pretty good.51912AA5-F1E1-4C23-BF4D-A70DB715C9D6.jpeg68A9D863-3E8F-4CDF-8A12-3CDE20CB5152.jpeg

dragonhead00

Member (SA)
Apr 23, 2011
I don’t pay attention to what others think. I like the M80. I’m still looking for a nice example to add to my collection.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I love this model JVC , I'm sure a simple woofer swap will work wonders for the sound. If they use 6.5 then an m70 speakers would be awesome.

Superduper

Member (SA)
It will never has as much oomph as an M70, even with a woofer swap because it only has 2 amplifiers compared to the M70’s (4), so if it’s all about volume, then the M70 wins. But just because it’s not as loud doesn’t mean it’s not also a kick-A Boombox. Has a lot going for it such as an M90 style deck (I think it also uses the same high quality heads as in M90), but it also has that unique tuner that while really isn’t anything better reception wise but at least it’s a novel approach to all the cookie cutter designs. Nobody else except that Citizen (& associated aka’s) has that tuner so it’s great for someone that wants something different.

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Nice score! I looked at possibly getting one of these. If I am honest, it was more to see if the deck was the same as the M90 just in case my M90 started to experience issues. While I have yet to experience a major issue with my M90 deck (knock on wood), I always seemed to find more comfort in using cassette decks where my finger did the job versus a logic circuit. I am sure this has more to do with my inability to diagnose and resolve issues with logic circuits when they arise. Even though I know full logic decks are considered to be of higher quality, I can't help but cringe and hope that a full logic deck clicks to life when the button is pressed. I am sure my peace of mind using a fully mechanical deck over a full logic one may be a false sense of security. I say this because the M70 has an overdone amount of springs and plastic doodads just waiting to cause a deck failure. More than other mechanical decks I have seen yet it seems to be very reliable.

JVC made some of the best boomboxes IMO.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
These might sound like the rc656 a lovely sounding as long as its not pushed to hard to produce bass that it wasn't meant to.