Just to say a big THANK YOU - VR01 tweak now FM is Stereo!

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
I rescued a JVC RC 656LB from certain death thanks to your forum. Bought it for spares/repairs, it arrived very grubby, splattered in paint, rattling with loose boards, a wayward power supply and broken stays.
I am a novice to electrical repairs but was willing to give it a go, secured transformer with cable ties (is this a first?), swapped belt, cleaned and tweaked VR01 now it's fully functional - and a lot cleaner! Only issue was replacing the volume control which I think has bust the potentiometer so there are crackles, can't have everything...
What a great little box though, really engaging sound and now the 'new' kitchen radio, local FM is excellent, national radio stations not so much (probably a UK thing).
Next project is a line in for the dt680 - drill at the ready!

Thanks again to all on here for your great forum!

Attachments

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
It is a nice feeling isn't it? Every time you turn it on, you will be rewarded. Excellent job! I get the same pleasure out of saving a radio.

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
Transistorized said:
It is a nice feeling isn't it? Every time you turn it on, you will be rewarded. Excellent job! I get the same pleasure out of saving a radio.
I get a little red glow inside each time that stereo LED comes on :-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
I'll tell you what out of all the JVC mid sized one piece boxes the 656 is my favorable of them all , might not be quite mid sized but to me it sounds great.