Photo

Just to say a big THANK YOU - VR01 tweak now FM is Stereo!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DPaignall

DPaignall
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:47 PM

I rescued a JVC RC 656LB from certain death thanks to your forum. Bought it for spares/repairs, it arrived very grubby, splattered in paint, rattling with loose boards, a wayward power supply and broken stays. 

I am a novice to electrical repairs but was willing to give it a go, secured transformer with cable ties (is this a first?), swapped belt, cleaned and tweaked VR01 now it's fully functional - and a lot cleaner! Only issue was replacing the volume control which I think has bust the potentiometer so there are crackles, can't have everything...

What a great little box though, really engaging sound and now the 'new' kitchen radio, local FM is excellent, national radio stations not so much (probably a UK thing). 

Next project is a line in for the dt680 - drill at the ready!

Thanks again to all on here for your great forum! 

Attached Files

#2 Rimmer36

Rimmer36
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:21 PM

the 656 is a great starter box, almost prefer it to the m70

#3 Transistorized

Transistorized
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:37 PM

It is a nice feeling isn't it? Every time you turn it on, you will be rewarded. Excellent job! I get the same pleasure out of saving a radio.

#4 DPaignall

DPaignall
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:26 AM

It is a nice feeling isn't it? Every time you turn it on, you will be rewarded. Excellent job! I get the same pleasure out of saving a radio.

I get a little red glow inside each time that stereo LED comes on :-)

#5 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

This is a JVC that has escaped me, may have to look for one down the line

#6 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,560 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:32 PM

I'll tell you what out of all the JVC mid sized one piece boxes the 656 is my favorable of them all , might not be quite mid sized but to me it sounds great.

#7 Ghettoboom767

Ghettoboom767
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,201 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:12 PM

Great Boombox,I love mine,easy to work on. Congratulations on getting it going!😎📻