Boombox successes for 2019, thoughts for 2020?

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
As I wait for 2020 to arrive, I'm thinking about all the stuff I did in 2019 on boxes and related activities. Let's hear what you got up to, tell us about new discoveries, scores, projects, whatever it is!

Reactions: David

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Working on my first book entitled, "How To Hid Boombox Purchases from Your Spouse."

I was going to start it today, but my wife caught me buying a new computer to start writing it with. Busted.

All kidding aside I'd love to get a boombox shelf/ display going but I've got 100 other things on the dreaded "Honey-Do" list before it....still it\s good to dream.
Happy New Year!

rruiz11

Member (SA)
Dec 30, 2019
Hi, I'm new to this and wanted to point me to the right direction. By my definition, the sony ebp78mkii unit is a "unicorn". However, I'm still in the look for it. I have a fh-7 mkii black which I added a CD and vinyl player. To complete the quest, I need that unit. I bought one already but is in silver color mki. Any ideas?

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Hi Eric. 2019 was a huge year for me.

It allowed me to experience your talent in designing by obtaining a 3D clip for my M70 and a replacement static cling for my C100 door.

Ended up with another M70 that I tore down and got working. Needless to say it's no longer a parts box but a fully working beach box.

I also got to experience the wonderful superduper (Norm) M70 tone control rebuild spectacular :-) when my bass pot took a dump and a set of like new M70 antennas from member Nikonfoo. Also 2 new straps from blu_fuz (Joe)

2019 was the year (for me) that a M70 allowed me to meet and greet some of our finest. The only way I can repay is to occasionally donate and help those when a topic comes up that I have knowledge of.

Here's to a fantastic 2020....hopefully ;-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
I have so many projects that I have promised myself I will get done.

3x Lasonic TRC-920's rebuild. I have three TRC-920's that I want to rebuild to make one shelf queen and two solid runners.

I just got the last part (variable resistor) for the Sanyo M-X820 to make that 100%

I have a freshly 3D printed lower cassette deck door for the C100 created by Caution that still needs to be installed and rebuild that deck

A bit further down the line is getting the Predisco 8600 deck working, got some options in motion for that.

I have a deal in the works for another feature packed box that will need work.

Still need to get my Victor RC-838 working in stereo.

2020 will be a busy year one the old work bench. Probably less purchases, but more rebelts.

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
I too have some units needing attention. For now they sit on the shelf looking very pretty. I get greeted coming and going through my garage to my babies. Warms my heart as I pass by them. In fact, there is a dedicated LED fixture above them that automatically lights them up at night and turns off around 11:30pm :)
We had a very busy electrical business last year which is continuing now. I had to give up alot of my personal time to keep the business going. I did get a new ProMaster van that I am turning into an overland multi use vehicle. (Needed the tax deduction.)

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Transistorized said:
It allowed me to experience your talent in designing by obtaining a 3D clip for my M70 and a replacement static cling for my C100 door.
Glad to help out Ryan, the appreciation from you and others really make it all worth my time :yes:

Lasonic TRC-920 said:
I have a freshly 3D printed lower cassette deck door for the C100 created by Caution that still needs to be installed and rebuild that deck
Can't wait to see the result!

I spent as much or more time on boxes in 2019 than years past, but only fixed a TRC-931 switch and acquired one box, a TDK 3-speaker. The rest of it was in CAD or making C100 trims and parts. Didn't realize how much I did until I took a look!

Not sure about this year, probably get back to fixing and modding a few, draw some more, and maybe land a couple new ones.