Looking for nice working boombox for son

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GrimbleGrumble

GrimbleGrumble
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

Not sure what made my 7 yr old want a vintage boombox but alas.....If anyone has a small extra they are willing to sell and ship it would be appreciated. The only requirements are that it looks like his pic, has line in for his ipad and works. If you could recommend a model I can search on ebay, that would be great as well. I'm a little overwhelmed. 

Attached Files

#2 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:13 PM

Are we getting punked?  The red writing looks different from the green writing, like written by a different older person.  The bullet points are different, rather than the green circle and fill.  And that last request, definitely looks like written by a more mature person with equal spacing, consistent size, and the pace of the writing is faster with far better control.  

Regardless, ignoring all that, for a 7 year old, the smaller black ones frequently for sale at goodwill or other thrift stores should work fine.  They are typically about 20 years old, can play cassette tapes are the right weight for a youngster and costs from $3.99 to $9.99.  Oftentimes, their cassette decks still works too, which with vintage classic stuff from the 70s and early 80s, often needing repair or rebuilding.  With today being the 17th, that's a better option than bidding and hoping it gets here by the 25th from eBay.

#3 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,633 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

What country are you in?

#4 GrimbleGrumble

GrimbleGrumble
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:15 PM

Thank you for complementing my sons creativity and maturity in penmanship! No, I'm not punking, here is a pic the vans and got these garbage pail kids. https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

I won this auction because he likes to play my records and was thinking some deoxit will get it going before christmas. https://www.ebay.com...872.m2749.l2649

Now i'm second guessing whether i can get it going in time and looking for something affordable that is small enough for a seven yr old to carry, looks good, works and has line in. I'm taking your advice and hitting pawn shops tomorrow.

Attached Files