Yet Another Cheap Ebay Buy - Hitachi TRK 3D40E

retroclub

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2019
Can't stop buying boxes now guys. The addiction is real. :cool:

This time it's a Hitachi TRK 3D40E. Always wanted one of these 3D bass Hitachi's and got this one for a cheap £19.99 with postage.
The decks aren't working but it has line in, so I'm happy. Looks in good condition too.
Not sure if it's a decent model or not as I know nothing about these boxes, but it looks pretty cool with it's '3D Bass Super Woofer Twin Drive' logo.

Should get it early next week so as usual, i'll post some pictures then. :-)

DPaignall

Member (SA)
Dec 8, 2019
Hitachi make/made some good stuff, I've just had the first hit of the boombox drug with a JVC B90. It's a great little hobby refurbing them, and value for money, bung a bluetooth adapter on and they're 'up to date'. They don't make 'em like they used to :)

retroclub

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2019
Mystic Traveller said:
AFAIK 3D80 was always regarded as the best 3D Hitachi soundwise.

Here is the best IMO thread on all 3D's:

http://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/my-hitachi-3d-collection-2017-getting-there.1075/
Thanks for this link Mystic Traveller. Amazing how many 3D's Hitachi released.
Got this one just before Christmas and I'm really impressed with the sound quality. The bass is punching and awesome. :)
Going to post some pictures later.

Model - Hitachi TRK-3D40E
Year - 1991

Really happy with it. Sounds great and is in decent condition.
The box was advertised as having broken decks, but I've been lucky again as both decks play fine, they just don't fast forward or rewind. It needs a couple of belts but I'm not sure I really want to rip it apart, as it looks quite difficult to get into. Other than that, it's all good. (needs a clean though).

Not the best looking box in the world or the best in the series, but the bass is still fab. :cool:
Happy Christmas guys!!

Attachments

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk

retroclub

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2019
Rimmer36, I've been listening to this box a lot over the past few days using the RCA line-in to my phone and to me the bass sounds crippling.
It's almost too much at times. Crazy heavy to my untrained ears.

TBH I haven't listened to any decent boxes that have good bass, but this 3D has loads more than my Sharp 8989's.

What classic one pieces put out bass like this, as I'd love to get a decent box with this low range power.

retroclub

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2019
Cheers Rimmer. Gonna need more space to display all these boxes..lol.
Can I just ask you, is the JVC M90 regarded as the best one piece box ever made? I've seen them going for thousands on ebay.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
take no notice of the prices on ebay man but yea the m90 is one of the best 1 piece you can get, there are many 3 piece just as good, happy hunting dude :-)

retroclub

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2019
Rimmer36 said:
take no notice of the prices on ebay man but yea the m90 is one of the best 1 piece you can get, there are many 3 piece just as good, happy hunting dude :-)
Thanks man. :-)