Store lights Maxell and BASF

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
I recently acquired two really nice vintage store lights by Maxell and BASF and thought I'd share them here. :-)
They really go well with the boombox display and it feels even more 80s in my living room/museum now. :-D
The Maxell one is really cool. It creates a 3D-effect using a one-way-mirror on the front.

What illuminated signs do you guys have? Please share your photos! :-D

IMG_0072.jpg

View attachment 47921

Attachments

Hisrudeness

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2014
South East London UK
Nice signs.
I’ve had a few but mainly seem to get just Aiwa ones for some reason. I like the ones with the original Aiwa logo best. I’ve got a large Technics sign in storage and used to have a very large Hitachi sign which is now with member Geoff Hartwell.
I have another on the way which is thankfully not an aiwa one. ☝️

Attachments

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Hisrudeness said:
Nice signs.
I’ve had a few but mainly seem to get just Aiwa ones for some reason. I like the ones with the original Aiwa logo best. I’ve got a large Technics sign in storage and used to have a very large Hitachi sign which is now with member Geoff Hartwell.
I have another on the way which is thankfully not an aiwa one. ☝️
Awesome collection! I've never seen an Aiwa one for sale. :)
For some reason, in my case it's BASF signs that I keep finding. Also have an illuminated cassette by them.

Dbzerk

Member (SA)
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne Australia
Very cool!! Digging that basf sign!
I used to work at a hi-fi store and saw many of these go straight into the bin... if only I knew...