The Sharp GF Family/186 thumbnail pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi Tony-Very nice collection of the Sharp GF series-way nice!!
Thanks for posting that.
Have a great one-GB. :-) :-D

Aiwa

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
You`re welcome. :-D

the first gf´s
appeared in the early70s with a production span over more than four years.
For example the sharp#-gf33 1970 and the sharp#-gf88 rd250 with a neat "drum" scale.
Very solid build.Also remarkable are the weird "half" boomboxes like the sharp#-gf1740,which seems to be
a "cut" sharp#-gf4646!the screenshots just show the gf`s ,total number of sharp units in the base is 458.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi Jens-sorry I called you Tony! :blush:
Thanks for that-my second boombox that I bought was a Sharp GF-8989II that I bought brand new in 1981'.
I think it was like 189.00.Which was pretty exspensive but I loved it so much!!
I now have very many GF's!!
Thanks again for all your info & pics-GB. :-)

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Ghettoboom767 said:
Thanks for that-my second boombox that I bought was a Sharp GF-8989II that I bought brand new in 1981'.
I was just wondering about that, I know you were just thinking about me and cursing when you wrote that, :lol:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
ahardb0dy said:
Ghettoboom767 said:
I was just wondering about that, I know you were just thinking about me and cursing when you wrote that, :lol:
No-not at all Tony-Your all good!
I guess I reply to you alot so maybe it was a habit-now I know when I thinkof you-I think Aiwa and that's Jens name on here-That's why!
I'll be more careful-Thanks and have a great weekend-GB. :-) :blush:

Patron

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Los Angeles CA.
Jens that is so great, is there a way that you could share the sanyo MONOS? I am still trying to find my first first SANYO. its black with square plastic grill.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Love seeing Jens' posts like this, gives me lots of encouragement that theres lots and lots more radios out there I need to experience.

And, fingers crossed, my work hours are increasing next month so I can afford to finally get the the 'base!!

Rock On.

Aiwa

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Patron said:
Jens that is so great, is there a way that you could share the sanyo MONOS? I am still trying to find my first first SANYO. its black with square plastic grill.
pm sent!

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
WOW! I have often wondered how many Sharp GF's there are, and now I know! Thanks! I see you used my pic for the GF-5959, Jens! :cool:

* TPR * said:
Also remarkable are the weird "half" boomboxes like the sharp#-gf1740,which seems to be
a "cut" sharp#-gf4646!
That was my mum's first boombox, she bought it new. I always remember it because she showed it to me when I was very young. She still has it, her's is the silver version. She was only 18 when she bought it, so for some reason didn't think to keep the box or the instructions. She regrets it now. I think the reason why she threw the box away, is because she was on holiday when she got it, and the radio fit perfectly at the side of her bag. When I bought my Sharp GF-4646 a few years ago, I showed it to her, and she commented that she remembered my model (the Stereo version of her's) being next to the one she bought on the display shelf. Just a little story...

Aiwa

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
wow!
a great story!
thanks for sharing.
...ask her what music she listened with that one... :lol:

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Retro Addict said:
WOW! I have often wondered how many Sharp GF's there are, and now I know! Thanks! I see you used my pic for the GF-5959, Jens! :cool:

* TPR * said:
Also remarkable are the weird "half" boomboxes like the sharp#-gf1740,which seems to be
a "cut" sharp#-gf4646!
That was my mum's first boombox, she bought it new. I always remember it because she showed it to me when I was very young. She still has it, her's is the silver version. She was only 18 when she bought it, so for some reason didn't think to keep the box or the instructions. She regrets it now. I think the reason why she threw the box away, is because she was on holiday when she got it, and the radio fit perfectly at the side of her bag. When I bought my Sharp GF-4646 a few years ago, I showed it to her, and she commented that she remembered my model (the Stereo version of her's) being next to the one she bought on the display shelf. Just a little story...

Lovely story R.A., it's great having family connections to some of our radios, and I think most of us do!
Hmm sounds like a 'Radio's I Have Connected With My Family' thread ought to start up!

Rock On.

Status
Not open for further replies.