• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:57 AM

I've just got myself this from eBay (where else!) and was wondering if anyone had any info about it. I looked on Reli's Boombox Wiki page, he has this model listed there but it's an 'S' model and has RCA line inputs on the rear. The one I bought has a line in selector on the function switch, but no RCA inputs. On the back I have a DIN plug marked 'REC/PB' and 2 microphone inputs. On the side it has a headphone output and 2 speaker outputs. Can I add RCA inputs to this? Does anyone have a service manual for this box?

Overall it's not in too bad of a state, needs a good clean, all the pots need contact cleaner in them, needs a new belt for the tape deck and one speaker grille is a little crusty in one corner, and it will go with my other Sony CFS-45L.

I'll try and post some pictures when I get the chance.

Thank you in advance

#2 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:41 AM

The Sony CFS-65 is a nice looking box. You’ve got the euro spec model with the 5 Din inputs. I’ve had some luck in the past using a 5din adaptor for line in use. However, some other euro spec boxes require the deck to be in record mode to function as a line in.

#3 lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:02 AM

Thanks for the reply Jimmy, I'll see if I can get a DIN adaptor and give that a try. I did manage to find a service manual online so that's one box ticked! 

#4 lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:30 AM

Had a little play around with this last night, sorted the crackling volume, balance and tone controls with a little contact spray, she sounds pretty good! No bass monster as others have said, but a nice clean balanced sound. Next job is to re-belt the tape deck and give it a good clean. I have posted a small video on Instagram of the radio playing if anyone is interested (@lupogtiboy)