• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 101 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:27 AM

Hello. I was hoping somebody could help me with the dissasembly of my hitachi trk-8200. I’ve taken off the knobs and 10 screws from the back cover but th encase doesn’t want to come off. Is there something else I’m missing to take apart? Thanks any help would be appreciated. I need to put belts on, clean function switch and line in only plays through one speaker.

#2 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:38 PM

Ok got it apart. It was on there real good. Anybody know the belt sizes?

#3 Atomtan

Atomtan
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:05 AM

I did two of these some years ago.  I found the belt sizes either on here or S2Go (this was over 10 years ago).  In the end, I used belts from a generic belt bag from ebay as I had purchased ones that were supposedly for the box, but they seemed tight.  The main box still still plays beautifully and its line in is clear and trouble free.  The second box (which was about as beaten up as you can imagine) I customised for my daughter to use as a blue tooth speaker.  It served well for 5 or so years, but I think its losing some electrical components, as it now drops to one channel on line in despite all the usual servicing being done.  I still rate this box, despite it selling for pennies on ebay.

#4 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:20 AM

i Have the same problem with the line in. It seems when I move the cords or push towards the outside when it’s open that it will come on. I tried deoxit but that didn’t help. Not sure what the problem is?

#5 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

It sounds like the line in jacks might be loose at the mounting points, I would try to move the jack and see if its loose.

#6 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

It sounds like the line in jacks might be loose at the mounting points, I would try to move the jack and see if its loose.

Yes it does seem loose. How do I tighten it? Thanks

The whole piece is loose. When I wiggle the sound comes on and off.Attached File  A17BEB0D-EA76-409D-B7D3-5E22E332302C.png   743.23K   1 downloads

#7 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,523 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:34 PM

You have to solder the legs that pass through the board , you might be able to heat them up with the iron and just re melt the existing solder. Usually just from use these break free from the board. A close inspection of the under side of the jacks should show if the legs are moving in the holes.

#8 donahuest

donahuest
  • Members (SA)
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 03:22 AM

That sounds like a big job to get to the underside. I was hoping I could glue it in place so it wasn’t wiggling but guess not.. thanks