Conion C100-

FRizzo17

Member (SA)
Nov 22, 2016
When i have my Conion put together the lower deck doesnt work. But when i open the box up and unscrew the deck it works????WTF

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
This happened to me one time, all the keys were locked up.
I had to loosen the lower motor plate screw (the long one)

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Yep. A common issue with these decks. I have run into it many times. I have photos on here showing what the culprit is. Its the metal sliding bars at the bottom of the deck. The red circles show the pins that prevent the keys from working when the slide bar is in the wrong position. Those opposing springs at the bottom right of the picture are supposed to center the slide bar. That gold colored slide bar is supposed to move freely back and forth. If it sticks, you are going to have problems. Also the green circle shows the position of the solenoid shut off lever. When put together, if this isn't lined up correctly it will cause binding.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:38754]

FRizzo17

Member (SA)
Nov 22, 2016
Hey thanks for the info. I think i just made matters worse. I tried to replace a leaf switch on the lower deck and i saw smoke coming from the pcb 2 board and saw that one of the amp chips burned up. After changing the amp chips i still dont get any music, nothings working now, just a loud humming sound when power is pushed. Is it possoble i burned something else up?

Attachments