Minirig Boombox

yammi99

Member (SA)
Jun 13, 2018
Germany
I have two Minirig 3 bluetooth boxes and the Sub 2. This 2.1 system is very good sounding and loud. The only drawback for me was, to carry with me, I had to put 3 pieces and the cable in my backpack. And to start listen to music everything has to be arranged.
So, I was thinking about a solution to carry them more comfortable and easier to start the music.

Here is my first try, not very professional, but it works.

Minirig Boombox a.jpg
Minirig Boombox c.jpg
Minirig Boombox e.jpg

I used these parts:
https://www.reichelt.de/koffer-polypropylen-320x119x280-mm-rnd-550-00078-p204470.html?&trstct=pos_0

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00Q8FOMO6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: rivetmaster

yammi99

Member (SA)
Jun 13, 2018
Germany
I improved the box a little bit. Added a magnetic holder for the smartphone and a powerbank and magnetic charging cable for long operation with "display always on".

Minirig Boombox Phone a.jpg

Minirig Boombox Phone c.jpg

EFFYBOY

Sep 29, 2022
Napier
Hey Man.
Speaker looking flyy. I have a minirig 2.2 & wanting to make a Minirig boombox like this. I have the toolbox like yours but not sure how to D.I.Y it. Just asking, How did you do to create everything looking like this? What Equipment do you use to cut the plastic? Hope to hear from you.

luciferblack

Feb 7, 2024
london
What interests me is buying a minirig 3 with dead battery the battery is 4x 18650 run in series for 11.1v at 2600mah
A replacement battery is £40
I would then look to install the speaker in its shell in a box with a custom 18650 pack next to it.
Probably looking 4x the amount of cells so either build a pack or better still buy a premade one at 10,400mah around £80
Then install a external usb surface mounted for charging or for using as a powerbank only negative is the output being 1amp is very slow.
If i could find a fast charging board and socket that puts out maybe 5a i would use that but i will have to look into that

Last edited: