Aiwa CS-W700 repair

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nooneelsRS1

nooneelsRS1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:50 AM

looks like one of my speakers is bad and i need to pick out a replacement, but i dont know anything about choosing new speakers. can anyone help me with what type of speakers i should be looking for?

#2 docs

docs
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:16 AM

Confirm the speaker is dead first, could be another issue, refoam, general servicing needed.

#3 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

Confirm the speaker is dead first, could be another issue, refoam, general servicing needed.

I agree.  I would switch speakers (L to R and R to L) and see if the issue switches sides with the "bad" speaker.  Cleaning switches and potentiometers is always a good place to start also.

#4 nooneelsRS1

nooneelsRS1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:17 PM

having some success. followed your guys advice and the speaker is fine. i happened to notice my stereo signal light wasnt lit up and it would blink at me when i wiggled the power cable. turns out a large capacitor on the power board with the transformer had blown. got a new one on the way and ill update when i replace it! thanks for the direction guys.

#5 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:55 PM

having some success. followed your guys advice and the speaker is fine. i happened to notice my stereo signal light wasnt lit up and it would blink at me when i wiggled the power cable. turns out a large capacitor on the power board with the transformer had blown. got a new one on the way and ill update when i replace it! thanks for the direction guys.

Good deal!  Definitely keep us updated.  :yes:

Be sure and take pictures of the repair and such.  We love pictures here!