Aiwa CS-W700 repair

nooneelsRS1

Member (SA)
Sep 9, 2019
looks like one of my speakers is bad and i need to pick out a replacement, but i dont know anything about choosing new speakers. can anyone help me with what type of speakers i should be looking for?

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
docs said:
Confirm the speaker is dead first, could be another issue, refoam, general servicing needed.
I agree. I would switch speakers (L to R and R to L) and see if the issue switches sides with the "bad" speaker. Cleaning switches and potentiometers is always a good place to start also.

nooneelsRS1

Member (SA)
Sep 9, 2019
having some success. followed your guys advice and the speaker is fine. i happened to notice my stereo signal light wasnt lit up and it would blink at me when i wiggled the power cable. turns out a large capacitor on the power board with the transformer had blown. got a new one on the way and ill update when i replace it! thanks for the direction guys.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
nooneelsRS1 said:
having some success. followed your guys advice and the speaker is fine. i happened to notice my stereo signal light wasnt lit up and it would blink at me when i wiggled the power cable. turns out a large capacitor on the power board with the transformer had blown. got a new one on the way and ill update when i replace it! thanks for the direction guys.
Good deal! Definitely keep us updated. :yes:

Be sure and take pictures of the repair and such. We love pictures here!