New from Canada

cowan22n

Member (SA)
Sep 4, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Hi everyone!

I'm from Canada and very recently got into boomboxes. My parents have a Sanyo M9902-2 that I've recently taken an interest in. From what I can tell, everything works on it, and cassettes play at the correct speed. There are a few scratches and it's fairly grimey (it's at their cottage and is fairly neglected most of the year).

I would love to find out some more about this box, even though it seems to be a lower end unit without any unique or interesting features. I will be starting a project fairly soon to get it all properly cleaned up, and to make sure it's internals are still in good working condition.

I'm looking into getting my own unit, but still don't know what to look for specifically yet. I'm also interesting in restoring and modifying an old unit to take advantage of some newer tech, but maintaining the retro exterior looks.

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
Welcome to the ranks! I ended up buying one of my childhood radios a Sanyo M9935k as my starting point. I did modify that to work with bluetooth and kept the cassette in tact. There's a bunch of really knowledgeable guys here that know their stuff. Stick around and enjoy the show!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Welcome aboard, Cowan! Pull up a chair and get yourself some nice beverages... you might be reading for quite a while. :-D :yes:

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
MesaAZGuy said:
Yeah, and if you're like me, You'll be secretly bidding on boxes that cost more than they did when new in some cases! My wife only sees the bills later and I just say its for work...
Been there - done that. :lol: :lol: :lol: