Sharp GF-9696 Motor issue?

firekeeper

Member (SA)
Aug 26, 2019
Romania
Hello,

On a GF-9696: 2 problems:

1.the tape plays fine about 20min and then the speed becomes unstable and is slowing down...

2. the super speed FF and REW works only at normal speed no super speed. This is an older issue unrelated to the first one I mean they not happened at the same time...

I suspect is a motor issue that can cause both of these problems?
Does anyone knows if is a 2 speed motor, what voltage, or how is the super fast function works is there some gear or switch that activate the super speed on FF or REW...

I ordered a new set of belts, rubber idler the usual suspects...but I don't think that's the problem since the clutch is working fine no slippery rubber there and for 20min or so everything seems to work fine (except the super speed).

The pinch roller has been replaced with a new one if that matters...
Could be a motor regulator issue?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

firekeeper

Member (SA)
Aug 26, 2019
Romania
baddboybill said:
You will not need a dual speed motor but it does sound like you are having motor issues
Thank you, it would be interesting to find out how exactly the super speed works - from what I saw there's no changing gears ratio involved for FF/REW that leads me to the dual speed motor...I have a 9595 spare motor that I could fit in, but that one certainly is not dual speed...are you sure I will not need dual speed motor?

firekeeper

Member (SA)
Aug 26, 2019
Romania
baddboybill said:
There are only 2 wires going to motor so it’s single speed. Motor does have to be proper Voltage and direction to work.
There are 3 wires on the circuit board of the motor that corresponding 3 different pins on the other end of the plug. That confuses me...

The motor is sankyo BFV2R01 10109-A I couldn't find any documentation about it... :bang: