Photo

One year of Hunting so far! (18-19) and How much I spent !

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jays

jays
  • Members (SA)
  • 52 posts
  • Locationottawa

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

After I moved I had to sell my pinball collection, vintage receiver and other electronics. So I had to found stuff to get my hand a little dirty, those are my grab so far since October 2018. still need to take in picture both Clairtone 7980 and another little sharp I picked.

Unfortunately I am moving back again and only two box can follow me, so yet a Clairtone will be part of the trip and I still didn't find my second keeper.

TOTAL AMOUNT SPENT: 1670$ CAD
The list so far:

- Candle jtr1286
Attached File  candle jtr1286.jpg   82.03K   4 downloads

- Clairtone 7978
Attached File  clairtone 7978.jpg   100K   3 downloads

- Eversonic mx-5
Attached File  Eversonic mx-5.jpg   81.61K   4 downloads

- Eversonic sh550
Attached File  eversonic sh550.jpg   96.99K   5 downloads

- Magnavox d8443
Attached File  Magnavox d8443.jpg   96.1K   1 downloads

- Sanyo m9800
Attached File  sanyo m9800.jpg   77.79K   0 downloads

- Sanyo m9820k
Attached File  sanyo m9820k.jpg   94.68K   1 downloads

- Sears 20413 (Sanyo m-x315l)
Attached File  sears 20413 (sanyo m-x315l).jpg   76.29K   3 downloads

- Sears 20889 (Sanyo m9902-2)
Attached File  sears 20889 (sanyo m9902-2).jpg   72.04K   5 downloads

- Viking src-7394
Attached File  Viking src-7394.jpg   111.79K   8 downloads

- Lloyd v375
Attached File  lloyd v375.jpg   81.45K   4 downloads

- Clairtone 7980 no.1
Attached File  2F3C834A-53FA-4D9F-A73E-B38F4508D047.jpeg   99.8K   1 downloads

- Clairtone 7980 no.2
(pics coming soon)

-Lasonic TRC-931 (2nd edition)
(pics coming soon)

#2 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,238 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:13 PM

Nice collection!  :yes:

#3 Hisrudeness

Hisrudeness
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationSouth East London UK

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

Some interesting stuff in there

#4 Timecop1987

Timecop1987
  • Members (SA)
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

neat!! i love both of the eversonics and the lloyd (possibily a vinix-aka) - great scores. sad to hear that you need to let go the majority of them again - on the other side..if you ever want to get rid of those eversonics (sepcially the bolt box) I'll gladly give it a new home  :-D  :drool:

by the way - the painting in the background looks rad!! im not really a train-guy but it just looks awesome!

#5 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

Oooh!  That little Lloyds is very nice.  It reminds me of the Vinix and Delmon boomboxes.  :thumbsup: :rock:

#6 jays

jays
  • Members (SA)
  • 52 posts
  • Locationottawa

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:26 AM

neat!! i love both of the eversonics and the lloyd (possibily a vinix-aka) - great scores. sad to hear that you need to let go the majority of them again - on the other side..if you ever want to get rid of those eversonics (sepcially the bolt box) I'll gladly give it a new home  :-D  :drool:

by the way - the painting in the background looks rad!! im not really a train-guy but it just looks awesome!

thank's for the comments, yeah I am not a train guy myself too, but I was a graffiti artist in the 90's, so when a local artist had to get rid of his studio I found this giant graffiti painting in the back storage, didnt take me long to buy it. As for the Boltbox thank you for the offer but already most of my boxes have already left the house. I only have two clairtone left.

Oooh!  That little Lloyds is very nice.  It reminds me of the Vinix and Delmon boomboxes.  :thumbsup: :rock:

yeah I felt in love with it when i saw it, its been in my garage since day one playing smoothly all my tape. really love the size and look of it. its easy to cary around.

#7 Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,208 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, Russia - Oxford, GB

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

You haven't wasted time, mate - Cool!  :thumbsup:

Some interesting and unusual machines like this Eversonic and Lloyds.

#8 goodman

goodman
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,869 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:46 AM

Congrats for this nice collection! :-) 

#9 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:59 AM

Nice, very nice indeed.  I thought the Lloyd v375 was a particularly good example of a 'right in yer face' BB if ever there was one!   :rock:

#10 jays

jays
  • Members (SA)
  • 52 posts
  • Locationottawa

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:09 AM

Nice, very nice indeed.  I thought the Lloyd v375 was a particularly good example of a 'right in yer face' BB if ever there was one!   :rock:

Yeah and the small size of the box help to the dramatic look of it while having all those switch covering almost all the front of the box. this one will be missed.

#11 ralrein1

ralrein1
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationShasta County in the real Northern Kalifornia

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:23 PM

Nice! Very good collecting. Nothing very run of the mill that's for sure. Thanks for sharing.

#12 jays

jays
  • Members (SA)
  • 52 posts
  • Locationottawa

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

One picture added and this one is for sale at this time.. so if you are interested into a clairtone 7980 let me know on my other post

#13 jays

jays
  • Members (SA)
  • 52 posts
  • Locationottawa

Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:35 AM

So have recently added the amount I spent while hunting for them, I will not put price per box since I think its up to each other and the buyer to find what a box is worth but. Many were asking me the reason why I bought so many box to get rid of them back.

First, I loved playing inside electronics, I used to pass hours and hours on pinball trying to figure out the problem. So boombox are the same but in a smaller scale and they are usually quicker to repair and make them run well again. many like doing puzzle, for myself I dont watch television or play videogame so this is my way to relax and learn new stuff.

Second, the point was not to make money but I truly love the hunt, and reselling them to friends and new collectors was a cool way to spread a passion. I was able to see the difference in everybox and at the end I didn't spend a penny doing a fun hobby.

Third I never thought I would have bought that many so quickely and for this amount. I wanted one box first and only so I could have a little project. it turns out they are not all hard to make them run perfect again,

But All of this because, I wanted to show how much little it was possible to spent trying to build your own collection. I have met many new collectors that spoke to me about how expensive boxes are now and if this is true. being super creative and patient in your research while not looking for a specific box can also make the hunt more interesting and less expensive. One new collector I recently met, spent double this amount for two box that you can find in this collection. I was trying to tell him to teach himself on how to take care of those boxes and to be more patient, but it seem like the urge of owning a piece of nostalgia was too hard to make him wait.

I could have probably spent less and I am not saying I hit home run on each of my purchase but in comparaison to many new collector my patience seem to have pay me more.

Keep hunting, be patient, unicorn do exist.