One year of Hunting so far! (18-19) and How much I spent !

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
After I moved I had to sell my pinball collection, vintage receiver and other electronics. So I had to found stuff to get my hand a little dirty, those are my grab so far since October 2018. still need to take in picture both Clairtone 7980 and another little sharp I picked.

Unfortunately I am moving back again and only two box can follow me, so yet a Clairtone will be part of the trip and I still didn't find my second keeper.

TOTAL AMOUNT SPENT: 1670$ CAD
The list so far:

- Candle jtr1286
candle jtr1286.jpg

- Clairtone 7978
clairtone 7978.jpg

- Eversonic mx-5
Eversonic mx-5.jpg

- Eversonic sh550
eversonic sh550.jpg

- Magnavox d8443
Magnavox d8443.jpg

- Sanyo m9800
sanyo m9800.jpg

- Sanyo m9820k
sanyo m9820k.jpg

- Sears 20413 (Sanyo m-x315l)
sears 20413 (sanyo m-x315l).jpg

- Sears 20889 (Sanyo m9902-2)
sears 20889 (sanyo m9902-2).jpg

- Viking src-7394
Viking src-7394.jpg

- Lloyd v375
lloyd v375.jpg

- Clairtone 7980 no.1
2F3C834A-53FA-4D9F-A73E-B38F4508D047.jpeg

- Clairtone 7980 no.2
(pics coming soon)

-Lasonic TRC-931 (2nd edition)
(pics coming soon)

Timecop1987

Member (SA)
Jul 24, 2017
neat!! i love both of the eversonics and the lloyd (possibily a vinix-aka) - great scores. sad to hear that you need to let go the majority of them again - on the other side..if you ever want to get rid of those eversonics (sepcially the bolt box) I'll gladly give it a new home :-D :drool:

by the way - the painting in the background looks rad!! im not really a train-guy but it just looks awesome!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Oooh! That little Lloyds is very nice. It reminds me of the Vinix and Delmon boomboxes. :thumbsup: :rock:

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
Timecop1987 said:
neat!! i love both of the eversonics and the lloyd (possibily a vinix-aka) - great scores. sad to hear that you need to let go the majority of them again - on the other side..if you ever want to get rid of those eversonics (sepcially the bolt box) I'll gladly give it a new home :-D :drool:

by the way - the painting in the background looks rad!! im not really a train-guy but it just looks awesome!
thank's for the comments, yeah I am not a train guy myself too, but I was a graffiti artist in the 90's, so when a local artist had to get rid of his studio I found this giant graffiti painting in the back storage, didnt take me long to buy it. As for the Boltbox thank you for the offer but already most of my boxes have already left the house. I only have two clairtone left.

Fatdog said:
Oooh! That little Lloyds is very nice. It reminds me of the Vinix and Delmon boomboxes. :thumbsup: :rock:
yeah I felt in love with it when i saw it, its been in my garage since day one playing smoothly all my tape. really love the size and look of it. its easy to cary around.

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
MyOhMy said:
Nice, very nice indeed. I thought the Lloyd v375 was a particularly good example of a 'right in yer face' BB if ever there was one! :rock:
Yeah and the small size of the box help to the dramatic look of it while having all those switch covering almost all the front of the box. this one will be missed.

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
One picture added and this one is for sale at this time.. so if you are interested into a clairtone 7980 let me know on my other post

jays

Member (SA)
Oct 9, 2018
ottawa
So have recently added the amount I spent while hunting for them, I will not put price per box since I think its up to each other and the buyer to find what a box is worth but. Many were asking me the reason why I bought so many box to get rid of them back.

First, I loved playing inside electronics, I used to pass hours and hours on pinball trying to figure out the problem. So boombox are the same but in a smaller scale and they are usually quicker to repair and make them run well again. many like doing puzzle, for myself I dont watch television or play videogame so this is my way to relax and learn new stuff.

Second, the point was not to make money but I truly love the hunt, and reselling them to friends and new collectors was a cool way to spread a passion. I was able to see the difference in everybox and at the end I didn't spend a penny doing a fun hobby.

Third I never thought I would have bought that many so quickely and for this amount. I wanted one box first and only so I could have a little project. it turns out they are not all hard to make them run perfect again,

But All of this because, I wanted to show how much little it was possible to spent trying to build your own collection. I have met many new collectors that spoke to me about how expensive boxes are now and if this is true. being super creative and patient in your research while not looking for a specific box can also make the hunt more interesting and less expensive. One new collector I recently met, spent double this amount for two box that you can find in this collection. I was trying to tell him to teach himself on how to take care of those boxes and to be more patient, but it seem like the urge of owning a piece of nostalgia was too hard to make him wait.

I could have probably spent less and I am not saying I hit home run on each of my purchase but in comparaison to many new collector my patience seem to have pay me more.

Keep hunting, be patient, unicorn do exist.