• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:39 AM

Please PM me if you have a Lasonic TRC 920 cassette door cover and screws. 

#2 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

Royce I have the door cover in decent condition but I had to make the plexi glass myself, I dont have the screws because I used them on my 918.

#3 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:25 PM

Royce I have the door cover in decent condition but I had to make the plexi glass myself, I dont have the screws because I used them on my 918.

Thanks so much dear Floyd!

:thumbsup:  :rock:    :hooray:

#4 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:56 AM

Attached File  IMG_20190728_105147.jpg   32.32K   2 downloads

#5 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:00 AM

Wow! I cannot thank you enough!

:thumbsup:  :bow:

I am so grateful! :bow:

#6 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

No problem brother , my TRC 920 fell onto a concrete floor from 7 feet up and got wrecked . believe it or not even after the fall it still partially worked but I decided I needed the function switch for the TRC 931 I got from bill and I cut the tweeter horns out and mounted them in the front doors of my jeep with some high powered JVC tweeters.

#7 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:34 PM

No problem brother , my TRC 920 fell onto a concrete floor from 7 feet up and got wrecked . believe it or not even after the fall it still partially worked but I decided I needed the function switch for the TRC 931 I got from bill and I cut the tweeter horns out and mounted them in the front doors of my jeep with some high powered JVC tweeters.

Thanks so much bro! :bow:  :thumbsup:

#8 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,991 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:43 PM

Hey Floyd are you parting it out? If so I’d love to get tuner. All I need is band switch as long as it’s 4 band?

#9 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:01 AM

Hey Floyd are you parting it out? If so I’d love to get tuner. All I need is band switch as long as it’s 4 band?

Bill the band switch is shot. The tuner board is shot, that part took the most damage.

#10 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,991 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:13 PM

Bill the band switch is shot. The tuner board is shot, that part took the most damage.

The band switch by shot? What happened to it?

#11 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

Bill I have the tuner board but what I did was cut the top off of the band switch and used jb weld to hold it in the FM position , i do remember the tuner was working but not tuning all that well so I can't promise anything.

#12 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:25 AM

Thanks so much dear Floyd!

:thumbsup:  :rock:    :hooray:

HI Floyd,

I cannot thank you enough!

The door arrived well packed. The Plexiglas you made shows how good you are with your hand work and craftsmanship! :jawdrop:  You are AWESOME!  :thumbsup:  

Now I am looking for those screws for the Plexiglas door and a headphone jack.

The headphone jack was all cracked and pieces fall inside it.

After getting those screws and headphone jack, box will look like new. 

Attached Files

#13 baddboybill

baddboybill
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 10,991 posts
  • LocationHudson Florida

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:30 AM

Floyd is Awesome the door looks great!!

#14 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:51 AM

Awesome glad you like it , I do have junker boxes I can pull a headphone jack from . not lasonic but should mount the same way.

#15 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

Awesome glad you like it , I do have junker boxes I can pull a headphone jack from . not lasonic but should mount the same way.

Thanks so much!

. I don’t think not many people can work like how he does. You should see how precise he cut the plexiglas to utmost perfection! I thought I was good ..... but I take it back seeing his work!

#16 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

Finding screws for the door became another puzzle!

I had to make two trips to the nearest ACE Hardware store. Found mini thread stainless steel screws with Allen Key head. It looked so good on the door.

Attached Files

#17 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

Thanks so much!

. I don’t think not many people can work like how he does. You should see how precise he cut the plexiglas to utmost perfection! I thought I was good ..... but I take it back seeing his work!

I made 4 tuner windows for m90's out of that same thick plexiglas. Also made one for my TRC 918 but that was the last of it.