RIP Rutger Hauer

MyOhMy

Member (SA)
Jul 26, 2015
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.
R.I.P.

He seems to have been one of the more prolific albeit somewhat private actors, he was always to be seen somewhere...........quietly working away.............not mired in controversy................being one of the Good Guys, for a long time. You left us far too soon, thank you for your contribution to the world of entertainment.

lupogtiboy

Member (SA)
Aug 31, 2018
Surrey UK
As Blade Runner is one of my favourite films of all time, I'm sad to hear this news. The 'Tears in the rain' scene was completely adlibbed by him, such an iconic monologue

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
MyOhMy said:
R.I.P.

He seems to have been one of the more prolific albeit somewhat private actors, he was always to be seen somewhere...........quietly working away.............not mired in controversy................being one of the Good Guys, for a long time. You left us far too soon, thank you for your contribution to the world of entertainment.
Prolific is right, I just scanned through his filmography and was impressed. However, not being much of a screen starer, the only films I remember seeing with him other than Blade Runner was The Hitcher and Sin City.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Oh, wow! This is quite a shock. :-O Blade Runner will always be badass, but he was wicked good in The Hitcher.

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
lupogtiboy said:
As Blade Runner is one of my favourite films of all time, I'm sad to hear this news. The 'Tears in the rain' scene was completely adlibbed by him, such an iconic monologue
This....

One of my top 3 films of all time. Hauer's brilliant performance was capped by his fantastic speech to Harrison Ford at the end. Time for a re-watch tonight and a toast to an iconic actor.

goodman

Member (SA)
Jun 14, 2011
Bulgaria
lupogtiboy said:
:agree: with you. "Blade Runner" is one of my favorite too.
"The Hitcher" (1986) and "Wanted Dead or Alive" (1987) are 2 good movies with Rutger Hauer. R.I.P.