Passed today age 75. An interesting and unique actor

#2 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:23 PM

R.I.P.

He seems to have been one of the more prolific albeit somewhat private actors, he was always to be seen somewhere...........quietly working away.............not mired in controversy................being one of the Good Guys, for a long time.  You left us far too soon, thank you for your contribution to the world of entertainment.

#3 lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:20 PM

As Blade Runner is one of my favourite films of all time, I'm sad to hear this news. The 'Tears in the rain' scene was completely adlibbed by him, such an iconic monologue

#4 caution

caution
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,954 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

R.I.P.

He seems to have been one of the more prolific albeit somewhat private actors, he was always to be seen somewhere...........quietly working away.............not mired in controversy................being one of the Good Guys, for a long time.  You left us far too soon, thank you for your contribution to the world of entertainment.

Prolific is right, I just scanned through his filmography and was impressed. However, not being much of a screen starer, the only films I remember seeing with him other than Blade Runner was The Hitcher and Sin City.

#5 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:34 PM

Oh, wow!  This is quite a shock.   :-O   Blade Runner will always be badass, but he was wicked good in The Hitcher. 

#6 Brutus442

Brutus442
  • Members (SA)
  • 817 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:07 PM

As Blade Runner is one of my favourite films of all time, I'm sad to hear this news. The 'Tears in the rain' scene was completely adlibbed by him, such an iconic monologue

This....

One of my top 3 films of all time. Hauer's brilliant performance was capped by his fantastic speech to Harrison Ford at the end. Time for a re-watch tonight and a toast to an iconic actor.

#7 Hisrudeness

Hisrudeness
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationSouth East London UK

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:44 PM

He was terrifying in The Hitcher. Gonna have to give that one a spin. It’s been years since I’ve seen that.

#8 ford93

ford93
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationFormer New Yorker

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:39 PM

Sad to hear of his passing.

Still love Blade Runner and Rutger Hauer acting was primo!!

R.I.P. 

#9 toshik

toshik
  • Members (SA)
  • 481 posts
  • LocationSt. Augustine, FL

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:59 PM

One of my favorite sci fi movies RIP

#10 goodman

goodman
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,876 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:19 AM

:agree: with you. "Blade Runner" is one of my favorite too.

"The Hitcher" (1986) and "Wanted Dead or Alive" (1987) are 2 good movies with Rutger Hauer.    R.I.P.

#11 ford93

ford93
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationFormer New Yorker

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:59 PM

Had to post this theme!!!

Dedicated to Rutger Hauer!!  Thanks brother!!

God Speed!

R.I.P.