Howdy :-) Just popped in to have a look around ..

basilbrush

Jul 6, 2019
MidWest - UK
Hi All

I found this place when looking for service manuals for an old Hitachi .. couldn't find the one I wanted but found one for my 3d W800 .. so I was pleased , and side tracked .. googling now the w800 .. to to get a feel for feedback/reviews etc.. anyhoo .. this place popped up in my searches so I thought I'd come in and have a look round !

Me .. I'm just passed 50 .. so yes ! 80's was my era :-)
Always been in to hi fi , speakers , electronics etc .. buying making repairing ..

I have a bit of a stash , lots untested , of stuff I have accumulated , and if my Wife ever sees anything when shes out she brings it home for me .. kinda Bagpuss style ! lol .. "found this for a couple of £'s .. thought you might like it " .

Anyway .. I'm sort of trying to semi retire now .. and am hoping to fix up some of the junk I've collected over the years :-)

Won't bore you any more ! lol

See you in the forums

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Welcome aboard, basilbrush! I hope you enjoy your new family. :-D :yes: :lol:

By the way, take a peek in the Library on the top menu. We have lots of owner manuals and service manuals.

basilbrush

Jul 6, 2019
MidWest - UK
Fatdog said:
Welcome aboard, basilbrush! I hope you enjoy your new family. :-D :yes: :lol:

By the way, take a peek in the Library on the top menu. We have lots of owner manuals and service manuals.
Thanks Fatdog . Had a quick look . is there an option to upload manuals I find elsewhere ?

Northerner said:
Welcome to the madness. Got anything interesting in your stash? :-)
Thanks . Depends what you call interesting ? ! Got the Hitachi CX-W800E recently , as mentioned . a White Sharp qt-37 at the weekend which looks really cool ! .. the tape doesn't work , so another to look at (I like getting cheap and fixing) a few walkmans .. tape , cd , mini disc . some older .. PYE etc . lots of hifi separates and systems . Keybaords .. Speakers ..... I'm about to have a sort out and "remember" what I've collected .

Transistorized said:
Welcome aboard! You are in the right place for portable music machines :-)
Thanks T

I'll see if I can add a few pics of the mess that is my stash ...

hmmm .. I could see them in the preview but got this "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.
" I'll try a different way ...

nope ?? .. is there a time/post limit before adding photos here ?

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
basilbrush said:
Thanks Fatdog . Had a quick look . is there an option to upload manuals I find elsewhere?
Folks usually just e-mail them to me, and I upload them. :yes:

basilbrush

Jul 6, 2019
MidWest - UK
Fatdog said:
Thanks Fatdog . Had a quick look . is there an option to upload manuals I find elsewhere?
Folks usually just e-mail them to me, and I upload them. :yes:
Cool ... I have a few on my PC , I'll see what you don't have and send some over

ok .. I've figured out the photos and put a few in the collections section ... oops ! :blush:

Wally

Mar 6, 2019
Phoenix
Welcome Basilbrush, sounds like you have some good ole Boombox gold enjoy putting together your collection