Boombox Project book

ahardb0dy

Member (SA)
Was thinking of something last night that I thought was pretty cool. I know in the back of the Boombox Project book that Lyle thanked all of us, after he came down here to attend the last Sunshine Mix meet and took some pictures for his book, then I was thinking to myself that my clubhouse, here where I live was used by Lyle to take pictures to use in his book. I thought that was pretty cool !

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
It was definitely cool. Several boomboxes from that Sunshine Mix were in the book. My dumb ass sold the GF-9494X that is featured in the book. I would love to have it back, but the trail has gone cold.

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Fatdog said:
It was definitely cool. Several boomboxes from that Sunshine Mix were in the book. My dumb ass sold the GF-9494X that is featured in the book. I would love to have it back, but the trail has gone cold.
Don't feel bad Bobby I had so many Boomboxes in my teen years it was insane I would buy one use it for a couple of months then sell it dirt cheap and in mint condition!

If only I knew what I know now I would have kept them.

I had an M-90 and M-71 with the cardboard boxes those alone $$$$$ nowadays!

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
I had two of my boxes featured in this book, both of which are long gone.
Of the two i wish i never got rid of was the Panasonic RX-5350.
Oh well, I still have the book and the fond memories and a mention in the back of the book as well.
As a wise man once told me, you will never see a uhaul trailing behind a hearse

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
That book came out about the time I started collecting so it was talked about on here, a lot.
I remember getting a copy, I very much enjoyed it but I ended up giving it away to another member as part of a trade :lol:

hemiguy2006 said:
As a wise man once told me, you will never see a uhaul trailing behind a hearse
Great quote Frank, a philosophy I am now trying to live by :yes: