• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,506 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:55 AM

Sorry Christine. Have a draft, put on something he liked (music) and celebrate him!

Many thanks, that's the plan.  No churchy stuff or formal funeral service thingies, just a dozen or so of us at the graveside for the burial with one allowance - Lee had some sort of 'born again religious thing' going on so we've agreed to let a vicar kinda chap turn up briefly to say a few words but he'll not be hanging around too long.  Any arrangements will be kept simple, I have no wish for a parasitic chancer of a funeral director giving me the "The more £1000's you spend, the more you care" line just to milk the family for all the money he can (when's the last time you saw a funeral director ride a bike to work, huh?).  The funeral will be about a decent burial, while respecting Lee's wishes, with those who loved and cared for him in attendance.

#32 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,042 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

Sorry I'm late to this tread. My deepest condolences to you M.O.M. 

#33 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

Many thanks for your kind words.

(Not a peep from the coroner yet.)

#34 oldskool69

oldskool69
  • Moderators
  • 6,791 posts
  • Location'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie

Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:34 AM

Prayers and condolences Christine... :sad:

#35 BoomboxLover48

BoomboxLover48
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,162 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

Heartfelt condolences! 

#36 ahardb0dy

ahardb0dy
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,921 posts
  • LocationSorrento, Florida (Home & Host of the Original sunshine mix)

Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

Sorry for your loss

#37 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:29 PM

Thanks to all for your kind words.

My brother was buried last week with about 15 of his nearest and dearest in attendance.  Tears flowed freely, sadness permeated the air and he's now at peace although there's still more than a little rawness in my head about Lee's death that time may help with the healing process.  I was looking at CD's on eBay a couple of days ago and saw Elvis in the listings, I was crying before I realised what was happening - Lee was a big Elvis fan and I remember buying him some Elvis records nearly 50 years ago.

Life moves on but Lee will always be with me in the warmer parts of my mind.

There's no need for any reply, Folks 'cos I think you've already been so kind with your words so I thank every one of you from my heart.   :smooch: