Boombox Computer Wallpaper Collective

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hey Everyone. I thought it would be cool if we had a thread that featured high resolution photos that can be downloaded to be used as computer wall paper. PLEASE STAY ON SUBJECT.

In order to keep this thread on point I will explain the goal and some requirements.

THE GOAL:

To have a place for high resolution boombox photos, that can be downloaded and used as computer screen backgrounds or as screen saver images. The content can be anything from full collection photos to single radio shots, to up close component's. Indoors, outdoors. Your best attempt at art style shots.

TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:

Equipment: Modern cell phone camera's are capable of taking amazing shots. So don't be afraid to use them. Just make sure your settings are for the highest resolution possible. A simple 6 mega pixel cell phone camera will take pictures at 3264x1836 in 16:9 aspect ratio.

Photo sizes: The minimum size requirement is 1920x1080 which is the stand high definition of TV's and computer monitors. 4K TV's and monitors are 3840x1260. The goal would be to keep the 16:9 aspect ratio, but it's not mandatory. Larger sizes are absolutely welcome.

NO WATER MARKING:

The photos submitted in this thread are for public consumption and will be freely downloaded. Please don't put a huge water mark on the photo. If you don't want your photo downloaded, don't submit it to this thread. Feel free to "Sign" your work with a small name or logo placed in the lower right hand corner.

ONLY SUBMIT YOUR WORK:

If you are submitting a photo to this thread, make sure it is your work of art. DO NOT simply find a picture on the internet and submit it. 1) the owner of that picture may not want it on here and 2) this is about YOUR submitted work.

EDITING YOUR PICTURES:

If you have the technical skills and the software, try to clean up your submission for the best results.

WHAT WE WANT: Classy Hi Resolution photos that make us swoon and dream of owning that radio.

WHAT WE DON'T WANT: Boombox pictures that also include half of uncle Albert's hairy arm. Boombox pictures that have a beer in front of it and an ash tray with a half smoked cigarette with lip stick on it. Boombox pictures that have some random kid in the background with crossed eyes making the "Farty Face".

Lastly....and this is important.

ONE SUBMISSION PER MEMBER PER MONTH:

Instead of doing a full hard drive dump into this thread, take your time. Put some effort into your shot. Take many shots and pick the jewel of them all. Put some effort into your editing. Your final product should be the thing Boombox dreams are made of.

Remember, most people will never see many of these radio's in person. These shots will become the things that dreams are made of. Many of these photo's will be downloaded to computer screens and stared at in work places around the world and those dreams may lead to reality purchases. So, lets do our best.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD:

Simply click on the picture, it will open up in another window with a "Save" button in the lower right hand corner. Click save, then click the right mouse button and "Save As".

Lets get started....

CUT black bg.png

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Just keep in mind that the Boomboxery forum software automatically resizes huge pictures to a maximum width of 1024 pixels. You will need to link to a higher res image.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Fatdog said:
Just keep in mind that the Boomboxery forum software automatically resizes huge pictures to a maximum width of 1024 pixels. You will need to link to a higher res image.
Bummer, that is something I didn't know. I think this idea may have to be scrapped. I don't think many people will have the ability to store and post an external link.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
That's a fantastic wallpaper, Dbzerk!

Docs, that bike is so clean. :drool:

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Great idea Chris!
Flickr is free for up to 1000(?) photos. I use it for all my images here. If you click the download arrow icon in the lower-right corner of Matt's link, you can choose from different resolutions and it will ask you to save it to disk.

If you don't want to expose your Flickr account to everyone, do a couple more things after you upload it there:
Select "view all sizes" from the download arrow pulldown
Click the resolution you want to share on the new page that comes up
Right-click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image location" depending on your browser's wording
Click the photo link box on the editor here and paste the image URL.

Their image URLs are anonymized, so nobody can get to the rest of your stuff. Once you click on the image in the thread here, you click "save" in the lower-right corner of it and then it opens in a new tab, where you can save it by right-clicking and selecting "save image as..." - this works for any visitors here, you don't need to create an account to access it.

This is for desktops, but I'm sure mobile telephone browsers have some options for this, or enable "Desktop site" to get the same functionality.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I guess I should clarify that only uploaded images are resized here. Linked images (Imgur, Photobucket, Flickr, etc) should not be affected.

Reli said:
How about one of the cloud providers like Dropbox or Google? That way, people can add or download whatever they want.

Here, I've created a Google Drive folder called "Boombox Wallpaper Pics". Anyone with this link can upload and download to it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HkfYq5yZ6wwy6emAMn5q2CkU36XCgxam?usp=sharing
That's great, Reli!!