• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 deech

deech
  • Members (SA)
  • 455 posts
  • LocationAthens Greece

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:36 AM

I am so happy for 2 reasons i read this post .

1st one is for seeing a post like this from you Simon :)

The Neverland of boomboxes must  be a dream come true.

and 2nd one for seeing the return of my dear friend Salvatore.

#32 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

Pick up the keys tomorrow and start work on it Saturday!

Yeh it’s great to hear from Sal :-)

#33 metalhandbag

metalhandbag
  • Members (SA)
  • 433 posts
  • Locationuk manchester

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:43 PM

This should be something else !   Wish you all the best on your new projects Si .

#34 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:50 AM

This should be something else ! Wish you all the best on your new projects Si .

Thanks matey :-)

#35 Rimmer36

Rimmer36
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 01:13 PM

you can sell it when it's done as a boombox theme park haha, from rags to riches not bad si ehh

#36 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

you can sell it when it's done as a boombox theme park haha, from rags to riches not bad si ehh

I think I might want to stay here until they carry me out in a box. Then they can open it to the public in a Graceland styley :-)

#37 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:47 PM

Just be careful you don't end up loving the garage more than the house lol. My advice if you can afford it is put in a bathroom . also skylights in the roof you will thank me later lol .

#38 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:17 AM

Just be careful you don't end up loving the garage more than the house lol. My advice if you can afford it is put in a bathroom . also skylights in the roof you will thank me later lol .

Yeh there’s a real danger that’ll happen lol

#39 JT Techno

JT Techno
  • Members (SA)
  • 107 posts
  • LocationHampshire, UK

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:21 AM

Wowsers - I've been away from here for a bit and things have moved on somewhat - a boombarn - looking forward to seeing progress on this! How's it going Si? Long time, no speak! :-)

Wow hi Jon, thought you’d died or been abducted by aliens! Lol. Good to see you back :-)

No, I'm still around - just got caught up on other stuff for a while :-)

btw, I finally got me a GF-9000 recently after missing out on the one you sold Tre many moons ago - I have definitely been missing out on a quality box - much better sound than I thought it would have - and managed to get at a bargain price as well. Still looking for the elusive M90 though i.e. elusive as not paying £1300 for one - lol  

#40 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:25 AM

Wowsers - I've been away from here for a bit and things have moved on somewhat - a boombarn - looking forward to seeing progress on this! How's it going Si? Long time, no speak! :-)

Wow hi Jon, thought you’d died or been abducted by aliens! Lol. Good to see you back :-)

No, I'm still around - just got caught up on other stuff for a while :-)
btw, I finally got me a GF-9000 recently after missing out on the one you sold Tre many moons ago - I have definitely been missing out on a quality box - much better sound than I thought it would have - and managed to get at a bargain price as well. Still looking for the elusive M90 though i.e. elusive as not paying £1300 for one - lol
Yeh Tre got a bargain there for sure. I like the 9000...stick the right music on and it sounds awesome. Since you’ve been away I managed to get an M90 and a C100 and many more lol

#41 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:58 AM

Been working on the new place at weekends for the last couple of months...been hard work! Can’t start the boom barn until I have the money out of our existing home but the sale should go through at the end of the month. So it’s good that I’ll have the money, not so good that we’ll have to move in to the new place ready or not! But it’ll be fine...probably!

Anyway, here’s some updated pics so you can see where the boombarn is going :-)

On the first pic you can just about see the house roof in the middle of the pic on the right hand side. Barn is going in the gap between the trees just below the farm in the centre of the pic

Attached File  D1550A2A-8F6B-4E86-A3EF-9273CECAFE9F.jpeg   80.2K   1 downloads

Attached File  0018C609-71FE-4F25-A0E7-2093D6899A8D.jpeg   115.92K   1 downloads

Attached File  42E5265F-9F53-4CA7-BFD3-7DD846813BD4.jpeg   101.68K   0 downloads

#42 Brutus442

Brutus442
  • Members (SA)
  • 811 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:46 PM

Looks great Si, very peaceful.

You know a guy named Walt Disney took a simple plot of land in California and Florida and decided to charge admission to his architectural creations. Perhaps you could do the same and become the new "Walt" of Boomboxland ?

:lol:  

#43 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:59 AM

Perhaps you could do the same and become the new "Walt" of Boomboxland ? 

YES!!!!!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :yes: :thumbsup: :clap:

#44 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:07 AM

Nice pics Si, the plot looks huge :yes: