Just arrived today

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
This is from baddboybill's sale. I'm a huge Panny fan so after considering the Telefunken first, I settled on this one.

20190427_220751.jpg
20190427_221125.jpg
20190427_220717.jpg
20190427_220659.jpg
20190427_220608.jpg
20190427_220554.jpg
20190427_220521.jpg
20190427_220500.jpg

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Damn!.
I think these boxes look better than the 5350.
You have to be looking at it going is this **** real lol .
awesome.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
JVC Floyd said:
Damn!.
You have to be looking at it going is this **** real lol .
awesome.
Yep, what Floyd said. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Fatdog said:
Damn!.
You have to be looking at it going is this shiteeee real lol .
awesome.
Yep, what Floyd said. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Thanks guys. I was actually going to the post office to pick up a part that came in for my Roomba iRobot vacuum cleaner. It came while at work so I took my slip today to pick that up. USPS said Monday on the tracking for the box so I never thought anything about it. So the dude comes around the corner with my tiny vacuum part and this huge ass box. I'm like :jawdrop:
He said "this came in after the mail was run for your address". So that started my day....so you guys are correct. I hadn't seen any pictures other than what was in the sale. What struck me the most was the wood panel sides. Practically flawless. I really like boxes with the sleep function. I fall asleep with a tape playing and it shuts itself off. It's easy to get spoiled with the M90 but this thing with Ambience adds a nice touch on certain songs. It's also the first box I've seen that has auto rewind and repeat functions. A nice touch. Might need to grab a manual to read up on this stuff :-)

Dbzerk

Member (SA)
Oct 28, 2017
Melbourne Australia
Such an elegant looking unit . The gentlemen of boomboxes.. it needs a robe and a cigar. Lol

Your collection is nothing but rares and exquisites 🤗

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Dbzerk said:
Such an elegant looking unit . The gentlemen of boomboxes.. it needs a robe and a cigar. Lol

Your collection is nothing but rares and exquisites
Thanks Brother. Yeah. The wood sides are just different and classy. Despite them being plastic pieces made to look like wood, it takes me back to the era when your TV and radio were something you kept forever and were part of your furniture decor. I can't remember the last time I saw anyone detailing a radio or TV with pledge :lol:
ralrein1 said:
That is one sexy ass box! Congratulations on the score. Bill seems to do kick ass restorations,dude knows his stuff.
Much appreciated. I am glad I went with this box although I would still like to hear a Telefunken :-)

btphoto said:
The controls on the bottom make these perfect for shelf operation. Nice looking for sure!
Thanks bt. It's the only box I've owned with wood grain sides and tuner/amp on the bottom. The weighted flywheel is the smoothest I have ever felt. You can just about scroll the entire dial with a firm twist and watch it go :-) and it sips batteries. I had it running for at least 10 hours yesterday and my NiMh batteries are still at 1.29V. I think this is going to be a great 'go to' box when I want to enjoy tunes in style.

goodman said:
Congrats for this nice boombox! :thumbsup:
Thanks goodman.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
I am so glad it arrived safe and sound!! It is definitely an awesome Boombox for looks and sounds fantastic. Thank you again brother. I know it went to a great home....

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
baddboybill said:
I am so glad it arrived safe and sound!! It is definitely an awesome Boombox for looks and sounds fantastic. Thank you again brother. I know it went to a great home....
Brutus442 said:
A box designed for the street....Wall Street :rock:

A home hi-fi system wrapped in a convenient carry case. Just stunning. Great transaction guys!
samovar said:
What can I say, this box will always be in my wish list... great stuff guys!
Thanks everyone. This box stays on for at least 12 hours a day. I use it primarily for evening listening of the radio, overnight, into the morning. It then gets switched off until I come home. It primarily resides in the bedroom. I fire it up at 8PM as I start to wind down and it runs until around 6 or 7AM.

Radio raheem

Member (SA)
May 13, 2009
uk
love the wood panels on these, just a stunning box all around, congrats Ryan bud... these should have been branded technics after panasonics higher end stuff :thumbsup: :-)

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
Rimmer36 said:
love the wood panels on these, just a stunning box all around, congrats Ryan bud... these should have been branded technics after panasonics higher end stuff :thumbsup: :-)
Thanks Rimmer. I agree. My main home theater and record player are Technics. They have held up for many years without any issues. I knew right then and there that Matsushįta products were top notch.
Alpha Mike said:
Rich kids boombox. I like it.
Thanks brother. I'm broke so I feel priviledged :lol: but I enjoy this hobby ;-)