my 70's bluetooth

stevenrob

Member (SA)
Sep 6, 2016
France, North
Hi,
my last project.
This set is designed from old Bouyer (french brand) speakers used in supermarkets.
The orange active loudspeaker houses a two-way JBL car loudspeaker, a bluetooth module / amplifier / hands-free function with remote control and a 12V battery. The foot is a tripod originally intended for a camera. The junction of the two half-shells was silicone to avoid parasitic vibrations and the interior was lined with acoustic foam.
On the front: a led indicator indicates the power + hole for the microphone + sensor of the remote control located behind the grid (painted black to be invisible).
At the back: a USB socket, a plug for charging the battery, a switch, a 3-position switch, an RCA plug.
The passive black speaker hosts an identical speaker + a retractor from a vacuum cleaner. This allows you to exit and retract the cable automatically, cable that can not be forgotten :-)
The orange speaker is a bluetooth speaker classic, can also play MP3 files by USB stick and with free hands function. It can work at least 8 hours at high volume. The power of 2X10 watts RMS is largely enough to sound a room of at least 40m ².
At the rear of the orange speaker, the 3-way switch operates as follows: position 1 mono in forced mode (right and left signals on the speaker), position 2 mono right (right signal only on the loudspeaker) , stereo position 3 (right signal on loudspeaker and left signal sent on RCA plug).

I hope you like it.

More pics here

https://sites.google.com/view/boombox-forever/autres-matos/enceinte-bluetooth-n%C3%A9o-vintage

Attachments

Reactions: bibox

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Those speakers are very nice! The workmanship is impressive. The speakers appear to be made professionally at a factory. :yes: :cool: :cool:

My preference would be to have both speakers in orange cases with black grilles. Can you make more?