#1 stevenrob

stevenrob
  • Members (SA)
  • 275 posts
  • LocationFrance, North

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

Hi,

my last project.

This set is designed from old Bouyer (french brand) speakers used in supermarkets.

The orange active loudspeaker houses a two-way JBL car loudspeaker, a bluetooth module / amplifier / hands-free function with remote control and a 12V battery. The foot is a tripod originally intended for a camera. The junction of the two half-shells was silicone to avoid parasitic vibrations and the interior was lined with acoustic foam.
On the front: a led indicator indicates the power + hole for the microphone + sensor of the remote control located behind the grid (painted black to be invisible).
At the back: a USB socket, a plug for charging the battery, a switch, a 3-position switch, an RCA plug.
The passive black speaker hosts an identical speaker + a retractor from a vacuum cleaner. This allows you to exit and retract the cable automatically, cable that can not be forgotten :-)
The orange speaker is a bluetooth speaker classic, can also play MP3 files by USB stick and with free hands function. It can work at least 8 hours at high volume. The power of 2X10 watts RMS is largely enough to sound a room of at least 40m ².
At the rear of the orange speaker, the 3-way switch operates as follows: position 1 mono in forced mode (right and left signals on the speaker), position 2 mono right (right signal only on the loudspeaker) , stereo position 3 (right signal on loudspeaker and left signal sent on RCA plug). 

I hope you like it.

More pics here

https://sites.google...oth-néo-vintage

Attached Files

#2 Fatdog

Fatdog
  • Administrators
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee, U.S.A.

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:42 AM

Those speakers are very nice!  The workmanship is impressive.  The speakers appear to be made professionally at a factory.  :yes: :cool: :cool:

My preference would be to have both speakers in orange cases with black grilles.  Can you make more?

#3 stevenrob

stevenrob
  • Members (SA)
  • 275 posts
  • LocationFrance, North

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:07 AM

Thank you for your support. It's easy to do if you have a round speaker. The rest comes from Aliexpress (foot, bluetooth, battery).

#4 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:50 AM

They look cool