D8443 Disable Radio Static? Newbie Question

Narsh

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2019
Hello Boomboxery,

I have question regarding the playback over an Auxiliary connection. I'm using a splitter to play my phone into the Line Out connection. My problem is that the radio is also playing in the background of my phone's music with a lot of static. So my question is, is there a way I can remove the radio or disable it somehow? So I won't hear the static any longer.

Thanks!

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
The audio from the phone should be plugged into the Line In jacks if present, not the Line Out.

neanderthal

Member (SA)
Jan 1, 2016
THIS.
Goes without saying that your boombox should be set to the "AUX IN" position as well.

Fatdog said:
The audio from the phone should be plugged into the Line In jacks if present, not the Line Out.

Narsh

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2019
Thanks for the reply you guys. So either way, I've plugged it into both "Line In" and "Line Out". I still can hear the static buzz from the radio. If there is a way to cut the radio let me know.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
D8443 you are supposed to set to tape by not powering unit up and hit play while plugged into line in. Sound is not great but you won’t hear radio in background

Narsh

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2019
baddboybill said:
D8443 you are supposed to set to tape by not powering unit up and hit play while plugged into line in. Sound is not great but you won’t hear radio in background
Dang the tape deck doesn't work. So this doesn't work :( But thanks for suggesting!

Narsh

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2019
MesaAZGuy said:
Sound should still travel even if the cassette gear is busted. You can get a new gear on ebay from a seller called "SiliconeMind"
Cool, I'll check it. Thanks for the tip!

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
I've been slowly working on mine. Found some speakers that fit the bill but didn't actually fit with the PC board. I used my grinder to cut down some of the metal backing that was protruding on the one speaker but even with careful passes and trying to keep it cool with a damp rag, I damaged that one speaker. I found a shop on the west side of Phoenix that recoiled the cone which ended up costing more than the pair. Mine needed a cassette gear too which I did get. Unfortunately, during my grinding, some hot flashes landed on what I thought was well protected, the dial window and cassette door. I am having another shop replicate a new dial glass and cassette door glass. two steps forward, and one back...

IMG_0569 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/153164955@N06/, on Flickr

IMG_0568 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/153164955@N06/, on Flickr

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
They are from France but made in China. O2 is the brand. Or Oxygen. Found this last pair on Amazon for $21. Very well made. Came with tweeters and crossovers. The seller had this last one and probably wanted to just close up shop and get rid of it for that price.

Narsh

Member (SA)
Apr 20, 2019
MesaAZGuy said:
They are from France but made in China. O2 is the brand. Or Oxygen. Found this last pair on Amazon for $21. Very well made. Came with tweeters and crossovers. The seller had this last one and probably wanted to just close up shop and get rid of it for that price.
Wow! looks amazing.

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
Thanks! I only hope this makes a sound improvement. Gotta figure out where to tap into for the BlueTooth module. I was going to do LED VU lights but I really don't want to drill too many holes into the case. Found inline round LED VU meters but that would require 10 5mm holes each somewhere around the speaker area or where the fake tweeters are.