Retro Goodness

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I would never be able to leave that room. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Well, except maybe to shower and use the loo.

Nickeccles

Member (SA)
Jan 26, 2016
Littlehampton West Sussex
That Technics RS-M250 cassette deck - From the truly golden age & provides astonishing recordings!! A very complex logic mechanism & very reliable! I love these decks I have a 255X next one up with Dbx & same deck - Can't praise these machines enough, they are a delight to own & listen to..............

This is before I learnt to take decent images :lol: :lol: :lol:

So many other goodies there too :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

3.jpg

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
Nickeccles said:
That Technics RS-M250 cassette deck - From the truly golden age & provides astonishing recordings!! A very complex logic mechanism & very reliable! I love these decks I have a 255X next one up with Dbx & same deck - Can't praise these machines enough, they are a delight to own & listen to..............

This is before I learnt to take decent images :lol: :lol: :lol:

So many other goodies there too :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

3.jpg
fairplay nick i agree ! they are truely badass !

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
I used to be like this; stacks on stacks. Got rid of the EQ's and adjusted my individual pieces and room acoustics and really got the sound I was looking for. Every piece in the chain, passive or active, degrades signal. I was a non-believer until I did it and boy did the music open up! I envy your ability to lay out, what looks like a minimal space, everything so cleanly.

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
Hajidub said:
I used to be like this; stacks on stacks. Got rid of the EQ's and adjusted my individual pieces and room acoustics and really got the sound I was looking for. Every piece in the chain, passive or active, degrades signal. I was a non-believer until I did it and boy did the music open up! I envy your ability to lay out, what looks like a minimal space, everything so cleanly.
mate i am running each amp and EQ seperate from each other into a mixer so no degrading here trust and its so clear and full of top and mid and very full on bass ! the trick is the mixer and good cables and also seperate the speaker cables away from the power cables ! trust i dont have any hiss or hum iv really gone all out on the system and speaker ! check out my before and after pics of my move around ! and thanks for the input always good to hear other peoples thoughts on it !

Hajidub

Member (SA)
May 16, 2018
Colorado Springs
TechnicsDan82 said:
mate i am running each amp and EQ seperate from each other into a mixer so no degrading here trust and its so clear and full of top and mid and very full on bass ! the trick is the mixer and good cables and also seperate the speaker cables away from the power cables ! trust i dont have any hiss or hum iv really gone all out on the system and speaker ! check out my before and after pics of my move around ! and thanks for the input always good to hear other peoples thoughts on it !
Hey you know what sounds good in your setup and what doesn't, I wasn't critiquing. Though I'm not convinced on digital cabling upgrades, I will agree good cables are a must for analog setup's like yours! Keep it up!

TechnicsDan82

Member (SA)
Jul 25, 2018
wales cardigan
Hajidub said:
Hey you know what sounds good in your setup and what doesn't, I wasn't critiquing. Though I'm not convinced on digital cabling upgrades, I will agree good cables are a must for analog setup's like yours! Keep it up!

thanks man ! yeah i got it just right now took me ages to get rid of the noise and hiss lol