• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 burtron5000

burtron5000
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

Sorry if this has been explained before, but I want to upgrade my Disco Lite speaker bulbs to LEDs. I'm curious how to connect the LED lights? Any info or parts needed would be appreciated - Attached File  IMG_0416.jpg   201.52K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0413.jpg   85.53K   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0414.jpg   131.91K   0 downloads 

Attached Files

#2 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

https://boomboxery.c...peaker-led-mod/

#3 burtron5000

burtron5000
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for the link but that video doesn't show the actual wiring/connections. I'm looking for information on how the wires on the LEDs are actually connected to the existing wiring of the boombox. Is it spliced? Are there other parts I need, like specific connectors, to attach the new LEDs to the existing wiring?

#4 blu_fuz

blu_fuz
  • Moderators
  • 10,503 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

Oh yeah I see. The only things I can remember from his messages was something about the LED bulb or the area it fits in the boombox had to be sanded or drilled out a little bit. I would say you will need to splice into the existing woofer bulb wires and test your new LED bulbs to be sure they light up properly. I don't know if your new LEDs will be +/- specific, so check that before you mount them and close the radio up.

He also noted this: "I have extra sets with resistors in line already." I'm sure you need something similar.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: disc lite, LED, Dynasty