Am I the only one....?

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
WOW! Shango066. Now you talk about someone who knows his stuff! He's mostly into tubes but will venture into solid state. He hates airplanes that fly overhead while filming and likes to badger telemarketers when they call. His EOL videos are funny too.

Been watching him for years. This guy rocks....and for some reason, reminds me about what I would expect meeting Superduper :-)

Technical minded individuals are fact driven and have no room for nonsense. My uncle is this way. While that's not 100% compatible with my personality, I can listen, watch and respect these types of folks all day long. Maybe one day it'll all soak in. In many ways I guess it has. 5 years ago I had never opened a radio. Now I have repaired many. Hey...free education. Can't beat that.

Mad respect because this guy can look at a circuit and pretty much know what it does and what normally fails. All of our lovely gadgets started with a technical minded individual..so I thank them.

By the way Chris....if you want to put your wife into a coma, watch Mr Carlsons Lab :lol: My wife stays out for hours after just 5 minutes.

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Nope not alone bro, I just watched this and part 2. Looks pretty nice in the end!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Transistorized said:
By the way Chris....if you want to put your wife into a coma, watch Mr Carlsons Lab :lol: My wife stays out for hours after just 5 minutes.
Oh yeah, when ever it's getting late, I put this stuff on and she's out of the room in 5 minutes LOLOL

This guy had me scared to death when he was holding the camera and reaching into the TV while looking through the view finder :lol: I was waiting for the worst! :frankenstein:

T-STER said:
Nope not alone bro, I just watched this and part 2. Looks pretty nice in the end!
It's addicting!

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
I grew up with a 22" Zenith B&W tube console TV. My parents didn't have the money for a color TV. My first color TV was in 1986 that I bought from my newspaper route money. It was a 19" Scott Monitor style with the glass front. I recently sold it on CL as my wife didn't want to collect stuff. I regret selling it. Still amazing in my 49 years how TV's evolved to what they are today. Truly amazing that we all take for granted.