Conion Find and other members of the same species.

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
It was a lucky day yesterday for me while on a day off, walking around the city searching thrift stores , antique shops , record-cd-cassete shops and outdoor stalls as Spring is fighting to win over Winter, which is slowly fading away ! :-)

On this Sunny but windy day i managed to find a super rare boombox .
A box that if my mind serves me right is never seen before in any boombox forum.

It was early 2014 when i first got the Conion CRC-H76 (L version) <--- Mark this

DSC02886.JPG

DSC02883.JPG

One of my favourite and most beautiful Conions ! :-D

So yesterday the time was ripe to get a second one , only this time
it is the Conion CRC-H76 (F version)

IMG_20190403_195952.jpg

IMG_20190404_160310.jpg

Now the way i see them (please excuse me because i have a light condition of colour blindness and cant detect well green and red) the L version has a Darker Grey colour and the F version is a Silver coloured boomer.
Nevertheless they are both beautiful. :yes:

It was some years ago when i saw on the Austrian ebay site a Conion which was slightly different from the more common
Conion CRC-H58F, pictured below

DSC09451.JPG

The Continental Conion GA-9000 in a Silver colour layout
which was being sold for the West Germany market back in the days
so there must be some left nowadays in this part of the world.

continental Conion GA-9000.jpg

The story of this species doesnt end here !! :jawdrop: There is more..
As with the Conion CRC-H58F for the West Germany market and the equivalent of the
Conion CRC-H76L it was made the Continental Conion GA-9500

CONTINENTAL CONION GA 9500.jpgGA9500BACK.jpg
continental.jpg

Continental was a brand from West Germany mostly active before the fall of the
Berlin Wall and the final end of the Cold War era . I wonder if German members know it ?

I guess it joined forces with Conion to make this particular radios .

https://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_hersteller_detail.cfm?company_id=18009

The members of this family of boomboxes although doesnt even end here !!!
For further reading you can check this link too :

http://www.stereo2go.com/topic/index.php?content_oid=535407562368632492&board_oid=193392314111653340

There are countless akas of this boombox .

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Wow! This is the first time I have ever seen Continental associated with Conion. I have only seen Continental versions of the Rising 20/20 style boomboxes. Very interesting!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
deech said:
Reli you can use freely this info and all of my pics for the wikiboombox .
Thanks deech! You really have a knack for finding rare boxes!

T-STER

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2014
UK
Super rare box Deech and great find, Rudey has one to that i traded with him so it has been posted before, still super rare tho and beautiful box

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
T-STER said:
T-Ster did you trade the ''F'' or the ''L'' version?
It was the F version Deech
Dear Lord this is a rare boombox Tster !! Its a great boombox and there are not to many around.
In 8 years of collecting i ve seen a lot but this one is really something unique. If
you trade it for something you wanted though, then this is ok too !! :-D Its a matter of taste after all.

I can say its in the same league(well not exactly the same but you know..)
as what i call the '' Unicorn'' of boomboxes, a boombox that exists only in dreams,
not a single and real picture exists of it. Not in GOOGLE, not in reality not in any known collection , not anywhere.
It appeared only in catalogues and i think it hasnt surfaced somewhere in the world .
I am talking about the Conion CRC H-83 . Something like the Lochness monster .
The only known document of it is in written certain catalogues from Conion and this pic :

Conion.jpg

I am in the Search for it . I find it and retire after that !! :-)

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
Hah, I was going to mention that one. It's been a few years but I remember reading about a collector going to Kobe to find out what he could about their original site, but best he could determine from people in the immediate area of where it would've been told him that it was destroyed in the 1995 earthquake. So, if they had any prototypes, they may have gone the way of everything else that day. Or, some lucky employees got to keep them, and they're still in Japan somewhere....

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
deech said:
as what i call the '' Unicorn'' of boomboxes, a boombox that exists only in dreams,
not a single and real picture exists of it. Not in GOOGLE, not in reality not in any known collection , not anywhere.
It appeared only in catalogues and i think it hasnt surfaced somewhere in the world .
The only known document of it is in written certain catalogues from Conion and this pic :

Conion.jpg

I forgot about that. I love the speaker grills! Very tough-looking "street" box.

But it has not been proven to exist. Might just be an artist rendition.

I think THIS is the rarest Conion proven to exist: The special black version of the C126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Q6BiKhf_A

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Reli said:

Conion.jpg

I forgot about that. I love the speaker grills! Very tough-looking "street" box.

I think THIS is the rarest Conion proven to exist: The special black version of the C126

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Q6BiKhf_A
NEVER SEEN THAT! :no: IMO, I think it looks better in silver :blink:

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
Lasonic TRC-920 said:

NEVER SEEN THAT! :no: IMO, I think it looks better in silver :blink:

Yes Reli , The Conion CRC - H83 might just be an artists rendition. This is the most likely scenario , but there is an if also !! We cant exclude the 0.01 percent if.. There is a slight possibility that it might exist ! Just like the Unicorn :-)
Have you checked that it has 2 tape decks and a double spare tape door too like the CRC-H76?

Chris that Black-Mat colored Conion C-126 reminds me of a certain car that its being made nowadays,
cant really remember the model and the Automotive company that produces it.
Just for the rarity of it i would like to have one.
I dont even own the more common Silver Coloured C-126.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
deech said:
Have you checked that it has 2 tape decks and a double spare tape door too like the CRC-H76?
And it looks like it might have LED meters above the tape deck, AND needle meters in the top left corner!

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
deech said:
Chris that Black-Mat colored Conion C-126 reminds me of a certain car that its being made nowadays,
cant really remember the model and the Automotive company that produces it.
Just for the rarity of it i would like to have one.
I dont even own the more common Silver Coloured C-126.
:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: