Best sounding boombox with CD?

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Panasonic DT-680 or like Joe said-Jaboom!,preferably the RV-NB-1 or the DP200!!😊😎🎶🎼📻

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Wow looks like a smaller Sony FH series!! I bet this beats the DT-680! I’ve heard from Ira that the DP200 Kaboom is the best of the Kabooms!
I have the RV-NB1 and it’s wicked to!!😊😎🎶🎼📻

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
boomboxeryrocks said:
Does the tape deck on the Kabooms sound good too?
No, Kaboom tape decks are cheap quality. Most tape decks really went downhill after the early 80's.

If you want something with both CD and a good tape deck, you're limited to 3-piece systems from top-quality brands, and only their best models, not their low-end models with crappy decks.

Also I wouldn't call Kabooms great-sounding, unless you add tweeters. They sound muddy unless you do that.

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Good advice from all but I guess it comes down to what you want it for and how deep your pockets are.

I have recently been collecting a few Panasonic CD boxes and I personally can not praise them enough.
They are generally quite cheap and the models I have are all loud and really fill the room.

I have an RX-DS45 and a RX-DT505 which were both under £50, are small and light enough to carry around and sound good.
Next level up are the cobra tops, I have the RX-DT75, its a bit bigger and heavier but it sounds fantastic. But it will cost you more money.
After the cobra you are in 3 piece territory, DT610's can found fairly cheap and are loud with quality sound and are small enough to carry about.
Then the top of the range DT680, I have not heard one of these but from what I have read it is almost HI FI quality sound. These are starting to become quite popular though so if you see one in good condition and good working order for anything under a £100 I would grab it :yes: