"Tape A" broken hinge

tyler

Member (SA)
Feb 26, 2019
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I recently got my hands on this old lasonic. Surprisingly everything seems to work fine, except for some cosmetic issues. The right-side hinge of the TAPE A cassette is broken, wondering what the easiest way to fix this would be. I think it could be superglued, but would require a lot of finesse without taking it apart. Is there an easy way to get these out to work on, or would there be a better approach? I tried to point on in the picture where the plastic hinge used to attach to the door, might be a bad camera angle regardless.

Have any of you dealt with something similar?

IMG_0760-2.jpg

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I'd say regardless of the door problem at the moment, you should take it apart and give it a really good cleaning. It looks like it has years of cat hair stuck in there. :blink: :-O

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Yeh these are easy to take apart and it’ll mean you’re less likely to break the glued door when you refit it. Hinges are totally fixable :-)

nikonfoo

Member (SA)
Jan 27, 2015
open it its a very simple box
you cant do it properly without opening
and really you need to clean that inside and out
:afro: get that fluff out !!!

tyler

Member (SA)
Feb 26, 2019
Looks like taking it apart is my best option, but I'm totally new to this! After I quick search I didn't find anything in the forum about disassembling this model in particular. Is there a basic checklist I should follow? I don't want to break anything in the process. Also, what do I use to get rid of all this hair :lol:?

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Be patient and take lots of pictures as you go. Pictures are indispensable when reconnecting wires and plugs.

One of the things I do is when removing screws, place them on the workspace in the same location they came from. For instance, the four corner screws would be placed on an imaginary rectangle corresponding to each corner. It really helps when screws are different lengths. Also, screw thread pitches might be slightly different. I always like to put each screw back in its original post.