After reading a number of threads on this forum, and following Superduper's advice of trying to adjust VR 105. I found that the resistance of VR 105 had changed from 10k ohms to over 100k ohms. I changed it out with one pulled off a old TV someone dumped on the side of the road and now the Vu meters are working perfectly. Now if I can find a original replacement it would look nice! I used a 1 kHz test tone from my phone connected to line in to adjust the left Vu meter equally with the right Vu meter. Hope this helps someone with the same problem.
GF-777 weak left Vu meter solved!
3 replies to this topic