Biphonic Power

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
This is a pic i ve been wanted to share since i got the 5th one.
I ve been postponing it but found some time today. :-)
The 838 is one of my favourite models from JVC . It is a late 70s
(1978-79) model and its very heavy. Built like a tank and looks Brilliant.
An iconic model nevertheless.
DSC08816.JPG

Brutus442

Member (SA)
Jan 7, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Not 1 but 5 838's!!!!

Deech, you have a problem. Too many JVC's languishing around. I'll forward my address so I can help you "dispose" of a few of them... :-P. Awesome collection my friend!

Athen's seems to be the retirement home for a great number of boxes...

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Great collection! I had 2 but sold one but I made my 1 bert nice and fully working.,and yes these get loud! Live the green colors on these.

MesaAZGuy

Member (SA)
Since I am Greek too, we share this passion for these radios. You can send one to your Greek brother in Phoenix and it will be taken care of in a nice environment :) You really don't need to harbor all those radios. I am sure, one of them would love to take a transatlantic flight over to my house. I'll buy its ticket for you :)
I almost bid on one last week, but it had some cosmetic damage. Price was right. I believe the bidding ended at around $120. Needed an upper tweeter cover and some trim work.

deech

Member (SA)
Jan 11, 2012
Athens Greece
The truth is that i cant resist it when i am offered an 838 at a good price. :-D
Believe it or not If another one comes my way and the price is right i ll probably buy it again.
And yes this is a problem. I know i am addicted and helpless.
Another fact is that i truly not asking for them, those 838s come to me.

MesaAzGuy if you find one with the budget you have in mind, take it right away !!
Sending one to Arizona..? :-D I ll leave it to Emir Kusturica . :yes: Arizona Dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xgHBIHUqfc

And one from Iggy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGfk_Dpf62k

Cman750

Member (SA)
Dec 28, 2012
Canada
Recall in 1980 seeing a guy from my high school with this model , not great power but clean ...........