19k stereo trim pot on Lasonic TRC920

Transistorized

Member (SA)
Jun 19, 2012
USA
I had to on my M70 and both of my C100s. To do it correctly, you are supposed to hook up test equipment to a TP pin on the tuner board. I always tuned to a strong station on the tuner meter and then adjusted and centered the VR trim pot to a point where the stereo indicator light illuminates. I'd sweep CCW and find the point where the indicator went off, then sweep CW and find where the indicator went off and then place the VR trim in the middle of those two points where it was lit.

Has always worked well for me. As to the location, it varies from model to model. What are you working on baddboybill? Is it the Telefunken Studio again? We need to learn German :lol:

Just so happens I am working on a M90 at the moment. As you can see from the picture below, the 19Khz Pilot trim pot is VR1 and the TP-8 test pin is at the lower corner of the board next to the purple screw for testing. Most of the trims that adjust the pilot have looked like this but without confirmation or schematic I'd continue to research your specific model box before turning it :lol:

20190118_144014.jpg

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Transistorized said:
I had to on my M70 and both of my C100s. To do it correctly, you are supposed to hook up test equipment to a TP pin on the tuner board. I always tuned to a strong station on the tuner meter and then adjusted and centered the VR trim pot to a point where the stereo indicator light illuminates. I'd sweep CCW and find the point where the indicator went off, then sweep CW and find where the indicator went off and then place the VR trim in the middle of those two points where it was lit.

Has always worked well for me. As to the location, it varies from model to model. What are you working on baddboybill? Is it the Telefunken Studio again? We need to learn German :lol:

Just so happens I am working on a M90 at the moment. As you can see from the picture below, the 19Khz Pilot trim pot is VR1 and the TP-8 test pin is at the lower corner of the board next to the purple screw for testing. Most of the trims that adjust the pilot have looked like this but without confirmation or schematic I'd continue to research your specific model box before turning it :lol:

20190118_144014.jpg
Lol my dum a$$ forgot to post it’s a lasonic trc920 that I’m working on for member here. Thank you too as usually I don’t have problem finding them.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
OK I found the trim pot which one it is and while turning it it broke of course so had to replace it with another one and now everything is working fine thank you everyone !!CEA6B0D4-C301-4D3E-AC02-348594B3A3EE.jpeg