• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Binsenweisheit_*

Guest_Binsenweisheit_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

Greetings from Germany!

I am new here and need your help.

This week my father gave me a JVC RC-636L which he bought new in 1979. The JVC is pretty dirty from sitting in the basement for over 25 years, my plan is to restore it.

The Tape doesn’t work, the antenna is broken and the metal control panel on the top has many dents. Rust is in the battery box. But the Radio is working and it sounds really nice. I already ordered the belts and have the service manual.

Right now the broken antenna and the metal control panel are my problem.

According to the service manual the part numbers are VJD2117-007 for the metal control panel and QZR4333-001 for the antenna.

Do you know where I can get parts for the 636? Do you know an antenna from JVC or another company that would fit my 636?

Through google I found Union Electronic Distributors (www.ued.net) and emailed them, as I don’t know if they send to Germany. Perhaps they can help.

Do you have any tips?

Best regards

Binsenweisheit

#2 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,869 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

Forget about getting replacement parts, there's nothing is available for these old sets anymore.  Even if they list them as available, after you pay, they will refund your money after a few weeks or months and tell you it's no longer available.  For restorations, we almost always do one of the following:

1) find old used parts

2) fix or refinish the old original parts

3) find new generic parts and adjust or customize to fit.

Your chances of finding the original control panel and antenna new is about 0%.  Maybe even -10%.

Good luck.